Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Current Power Goals..

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 09:41 PM
SL Member

Default Current Power Goals..

In my Scion xA, I’m trying to do literally everything power wise, I’m going to port all of my upper end to make sure every valve sits perfect, make sure every air way gets the maximum air from the stock box, I’m looking into sleeving the block with titanium or similar sleeves so if I have piston slap with a 2 step ignition idle, 500-750 rpm idle for warm up and race week events where you have nearly no time to cool the motor, catch can,100+ mm turbo stock compression ratio, nearly sealed blow off valve, race bearings, deep custom oil pan, stock piston stroke, ruthenium spark plugs because nobody has proven if they’re any better

but $32 for spark plugs with “better performance” when I’m trying to squeeze every ounce of power out sounds nice, thin head gasket, machined and polished heads, looking at some MSD ignition support, high fuel rate pumps, deep sump pump probably converted from a Civic or something, high lift cams, adjustable timing gears, race bearings, heavy valve springs because with that much of a engine on the line. I don’t want a unseated valve or a slightly undertimed valve to end my fun, the biggest bottleneck will be the transmission because while I know how to make insane power from a engine but not for a transmission.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-01-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 12-01-2020, 11:59 PM
SL Member

Ya better post on here when you do all of this. Don't forget the block guard!
Old 12-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

I don't think Ruthenium plugs are going to give you an additional performance over any other plug that is new...they've just got an extended service life, beyond Iridium's 100K miles, for cars where plug changes are a pain. I'd hope your plan isn't to build a motor that you're talking about and not change plugs for 150K miles.

Titanium sleeves...first of all, where can you even find them and secondly, why?

100+ mm turbo on a 1.3L car...again, why?

Far better, and cheaper, options for building an xA with power than starting with the 1.3L that was never meant to be a free-breathing, big horse motor and a turbo that size is going to need all of the breathing it can get. I'm curious what you're going to buy as a second vehicle because your plan, at best, would result in an xA that was a dog on the street, had light switch power at the very top of the rev range, when it ran, and will likely suffer all manner of 'growing pains', like all big horsepower builds tend to. Hopefully you've got some cash left in the budget for that daily driver/tow vehicle.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:39 AM
SL Member

I had to google what a 100mm turbo would be. Are you talking about the diameter of the compressor or turbine wheel? the opening of the compressor? I was thinking I would have to get a t3 flange size turbo but i think the t25 size will be good for like 25psi