Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

How much would you pay...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default How much would you pay...

for a supercharger kit. After the whole ordeal with the blitz kit I decided to try to drum up some intrest from a few reputable SC manufacturers. They have responded asking what we would be willing to pay for a kit and the demand for a quality and reliable forced induction kit. just respond here and I will forward the info to the companies that responded to my emails and I will keep you posted on progress.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any decent price would be too expensive for me. I'm like most here. Not a serious racer...just a cruiser.
around $3000 seems to be a typical asking price for something like that.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The last thread GB for blits supercharger was around 2300 which is a good price. The installation is what made it so expensive (around 1500).
Old 11-20-2003, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have also been wondering the same thing. After the way the Blitz thread turned out, i kinda gave the idea up. I honestly didnt think anyone on this board was serious enough to pay that much for a FI kit.

It obviously all boils down to what is included in the kit and what kinda numbers its able to put out on a dyno. The blitz kit was very basic but probably good enough and inexpensive enough to work. Its a shame that thread got torn apart. I was really curious as to the numbers they were able to extract from a stage 1 set up.

Which companies did you ask about this? I personally spoke to a friend of mine at SEMA who build supercharger kits for BMWs and Minis and he also showed interest. The manufacturers of the blower also were very intrigued with the concept. Im sure something could be done to get the ball rolling.

Since your in the valley I ll also let you in on another secret. There is one at my friends shop right now that is getting equipped with a turbo. We ll see how that pans out before i spoil the show
Old 11-20-2003, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default SC to Turbo

Would be interested if the price and numbers looked good. Just out to through it out there has anyone come out with a turbo yet and posted any numbers? Will a turbo do more for the scion then a super charger?? I know on some cars that SC work better then turbo's. Wonder if the lil 1.5 can push enough to even make a turbo worth while. Just a thought and a question.

Jay