Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

OMG!!!!! Noooo...............

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

just take out the intake , the rest of your mods are absolutely not involved ( truth in none of them are but an intake could make a mean service advisor try and shaft you )
Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, hotbox05, I know how the intake sends some of them the wrong signal, thats why i already peeled it.. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ajayaitch
PM this guy. Sounds like the exact same thing happened to him.

From this thread.
Originally Posted by pollock3s
I have about 3200 miles on my 2006 RS4 and the a/c compressor internally blew apart with the bolts holding it on the a/c mount were backed off and able to see threads. they gave me a free rent-a-car after three days, I was back on the road.
This girl too....
___MmmBoxy___ though her dealer sounds like a snake.
Thanks for that info! Surprised it has happened as often as that, what a crap setup, and you know i have been talking under another topic about how when my a/c was on my engine felt like it was losing 25% of its power, others said they couldn't feel it.. so, I guess, this has been an issue with that thing scince day one. Now I am curious to see if the new compressor will be as bad..
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have and under drive pulleys on then worry about warranty telling you no.

Being someone that works for a dealer you should know that.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, well i've seen MULTIPLE TIMES, people getting
screwed on transmissions, internal engine failure, and A/C
issues over the stupid cold air or short ram, and scince i do
work for a dealer, i do know that. And the last dealers too..

Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu being my only expierience over the past 10 years however, so maybe i'm wrong
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe I am leaving out a little fact here as to why I am stressed about arguing with them over it.. I know none of these mods could cause this effect, I could even argue the underdrive pulley if i had one, and had too.. I know i would win. My issue is, my insurance.. its not in my name, a relaitive got alot better of a quote than i did, so we worked it so that it was in thier name, and yes i am still covered.. Due to this, i cant get a loaner car or a rental because i dont have the insurance in my name to apply to the vehicle ( as they require you to have to get into a loaner).. I have 3 kids and like i said, i cant afford to spend even 1 day arguing with them about anything, I want to know that when i get there it just gets repaired and thats it, si i can get it back. So, that why i mention stripping this stuff off, because the fights over that stuff do happen, and i cant afford to get involved in one right now.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any news?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any news?
Ok so, at first they wouldnt pay for a tow truck, then i asked for the service manager over the phone, and he was great, he sent a truck right over, no charge. I was there for 15 minutes and i was off (they put me in front of like 30 people when i got there). They called 2 hours later, and said they will warranty the compressor, and that they (at this dealer) have never seen anything like that before, on a new car. Cant figure out why either. They also said the parts were overnighted and it would be done wednesday. I was waiting till then to give an update, because I will be taking it right to my shop to inspect the work, and before I leave I will be on scratch patrol.. we'll see..
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by streetlethalxb
before I leave I will be on scratch patrol..

That's no doubt one of the smartest things to do.

I had two scratches on the left rear door on my xA after an oil change. I wasn't inspecting, but they popped out at me when I was about to grab the door handle. The dealer didn't try to make any excuses what so ever and took care of them....along with two even larger scratches (which I made sure the dealer knew those were my fault and not theirs) that I had done myself when I knocked a piece of half in re-bar onto that very rear drivers door.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

unfortunately if you didn;t have like 20 pictures taken of the car's finish in detail before you bring it in there's no proof they caused any damage.

there's the clincher. so take pictures guys n gals.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Glad to hear they're taking care of it.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

indeed, what's the cost on it if it wasn't covered by warranty?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck then, you are thinking way harder than you have to in this. i work for Toyota and I am telling you that you will most likely get it warrantied without issue. Engine power mods with a few exceptions, have no effect on an air conditioning compressor. It was a quality oversight, not enough refrigerant oil.

However, if there were underdrive pulley's, 100% denied. No matter how good you think you can negotiate.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scorpius01

However, if there were underdrive pulley's, 100% denied. No matter how good you think you can negotiate.
Why?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
indeed, what's the cost on it if it wasn't covered by warranty?
Usually about a grand for a dealer compressor, (in the box) its easy to pull out and I could get freon, oil, etc.,. free at work..

Good luck then, you are thinking way harder than you have to in this. i work for Toyota and I am telling you that you will most likely get it warrantied without issue. Engine power mods with a few exceptions, have no effect on an air conditioning compressor. It was a quality oversight, not enough refrigerant oil.

My deal was I talked to a currently employed toyota tech, he said (at his dealer) they would take one look at it and deny any repairs, wrong or right thats the word i got, so in order not to have to deal with that, i removed the stuff. It wasn't a big deal, just explaining it all on here was the hard part, but thanks anyways for the input.

P.S. an underdrive pulley would make the compressor spin slower and should only result in less cooling effiency at idle, and possibly more engine load at idle when operating, the slower movement at idle would have actually helped a compressor with low oil stay alive longer.. So, a cooling or idle complaint yes they would be right, but self destruction, no way the pulley caused that, that would be my argument. (If i had one installed)

Why?
they would say the pulley kept the compressor running out of spec and caused the damage, but really it wouldnt cause such damage. But, seeing as how its aftermarket and directly influencing the compressor they would void you.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, it's a load of crap, but I'm glad they're fixing it for you. Did you get it back yet?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why?

It no longer operates as designed, as they have a direct relation as to how that compressor will operate, good or bad. Keep in mind I am not saying UD pulley's are bad and could cause such a failure. I am merely stating what toyota's warranty will cover or not cover and why.

For example, An intake will not void your warranty for an ac compressor as the relation has no direct effect. it is all in the fine print of the warranty agreement supplied by toyota with your vehicle.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, so.. on the day it was to be finished i stopped by at 330pm, and they hadn't started it yet, then at 430pm i get a call saying its done, it was. I picked it up, and the odometer hadn't moved. So, no test drive after the repair.. The a/c is taking longer to cool (i will put the gauges on it tomarrow, and see what there is to do), however the power loss felt before when it was working, is not as bad any more, but you still know when its on. Theres a nic in my bumper paint, like a small tool hit it, or something, but its just a spec ( i'll post a pic of it), the only other thing was my valve stem chrome caps were missing, today I put on my spare set. I put the intake back on today. Overall i'm happy, because i didnt have to buy the compressor, I would have been happy with just the part.. everything else I can deal with. And, thats it..

The repair order tech's notes, as follows:

Found compressor broken
Replaced compressor

Parts list was:
The compressor
compressor oil
freon
both belts
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Well that sounds good i know how it feels with the whole money issue crap. I see you live in miami what part?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10 feet away from saga bay, s.w. 87th and old cutler area