Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Component Speakers Tweeter Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question Component Speakers Tweeter Help

Been searching the website as well as other sites and I'm having a hard time figuring out how people are able to run the tweeter wire from a xover from a component speaker setup with the front doors.

Yesterday, I went ahead and took the old speakers out and I did find a rubber boot from the door to the inside of the car. Are their any tricks to getting the tweeter wire from the door to run up to the tweeter location in the dash? I was able to get speaker wire to go from the dash to the floor, but just trying to figure out a way to run the wire through the boot. I'm thinking a wire hanger might be the best option here. Just wanted to see what others might had did to combat this. This is the last part of my stereo install that I just want to finish lol.

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to grab some tweeter holders like this for the xB? https://tinyurl.com/ydx2ykro

Any help would be highly appreciated
Old 03-15-2018, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

leave the crossover under the dash. you'll have to run wire through the door boot. its a pain in the ___, theres no getting around that.

as far as tweeter mounts, take your stock speaker and trace it out on some ABS plastic or some 1/4 MDF and cut it.