Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need some amp wiring confirmations

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need some amp wiring confirmations

05 CM XB. Never installed an amp or sub myself before, but looks simple enough. After looking through old posts and googling some help, I still have a few questions. Take a look at this diagram, stolen (largely) from CarAudioHelp:

Here's what I need confirmation of:
A. The amp will have a blue wire running to a remote turn on lead from the head unit. The wiring guide from the tech section lists Power Antenna as black/red in the radio harness, but some online guides I found say to use the accessory lead (listed as blue/red in the ignition harness for the XB). Which wire is it?

B. My amp has speaker-level inputs, so I understand I won't need a line level converter or RCA outs. It's a mono amp - can I just tee directly off the wires for one of the door speakers?

C. The high-level input connector on the amp also has a Ground wire - do I ground this to the same place as the amp, or to a different location, or...?

D. Kit came with power wiring, fuse, etc., but no switch. Assuming I want a switch on the amp so I'm not relying totally on the remote turn on, where does it go - on the 12v power cable to cut amp power on/off? Or would it go on the remote line so the amp wouldn't get the turn-on signal unless I allowed it to?

Bought a cheap generic amp/sub kit, mainly because I don't want to blow up anything expensive until I'm sure I can wire the cheap one without detonating it. Help appreciated!