Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

tC amp power cord question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC amp power cord question...

Got a ? for you tC guys w/amps installed. I can't seem to find a hole in the firewall to run the battery cord into the enginebay. Where'd you guys run it?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

K, I just ran mine two days ago so heres how I did it.
As you lay on your back looking up into the stearing colum and the bottom of the dash you will see a group of wiring on your right hand side (remember your looking up). There should be a funnel looking rubber seal where the wires pass through the firewall to the engine compartment. take a razer blade and cut along the rubber (mainly in the gaps of the folded rubber, that way it looks cleaner). Run your amp wire through the rubber from the inside of your car. It will be easyer this way. It may get stuck on the inside of the rubber so move it around a bit till you feel it feeding through. Then go to the engine compartment and look for your wire. It should be located somewhere in the center. and your done. Make sure you have enough wire because the stereo place I went to cut the 4 gauge too short and I had to do a half - a** job splicing the wire with crimps. 18 feet should give you enough so you can hide it throughout the car. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Chace
Old 03-12-2005, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

I ran mine from the bttery to the firewall, then over to the passenger side. There's a 3" rubber grommet with 2 nipples poking out about an inch - cut the tip off one and thread the wire through there. Comes out right behind the glove box - it's CAVERNOUS back there, so no problem running a wire over to the radio or down the sill to the back of the car.

I looked at the driver's side option, but it just looked too crowded for me. I made the cut in the nipple deliberately too small so there would be a tight seal. I needed something rigid to thread the wire, so I taped the end of the power cord to a chopstick. Worked perfectly. This was my first attempt ever at a car audio install, and it went fairly smoothly. HTH - good luck!
Old 03-12-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, down by the dummy pedal on the drivers side there is a small diamond cut out from the insulation on the firewall.....just put a hole there and it's right in line with the battery for running the shortest amout of wire possible to the rear........i think this is the best route but to each his own...