Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

thinkin about baggin the boX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would rather piece your own kit together using pretty much what everyone said..Easystreet fronts, fbi brackets out back...if you feel like spending the money just to have that 'jdm brand' then i'd say go for it. to me you're just spending maybe more than 1g for the same stuff.

as for fittings, i used PTC b4 and i always seemed to have problems with those b/c i cant really trust a push in 'one-time' fitting, im more of a compression and cranking it down person..

for the viairs, i would run another check valve after the leader hose, i've used about 4 viairs in diff vehicles and they always leak, esp around the swivel fitting
Old 09-15-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

shows how much you know spider
Old 09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well put Spider... im glad someone knows there stuff here

Air runner is a nice kit I'm sure, no doubt. I saw Bboxds post on it even . Spider knows his stuff though. Hes already bagged and has one of the best xBs on the site IMO. I think I would listen to him over the majority here

Scott
Old 09-15-2005, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hope ur joking about thinking that spider has a sik ride!! cuz wow, i mean damn dude, did u see those rims?? wut r those 15's?? its cool though cuz he keeps em clean huh??lol

and sayin air-runners void ur warranty is like sayin lowering springs viod it too....
AND WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT THE CASE..
but maybe spider would beg the differ.... ha ha
Old 09-15-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Voiding warranties is all subjective. Be cool to your Service manager at your local dealership and chances are they will overlook your air ride. But of course you didnt here that from me. heh.

Air runners is what i went with and im very happy with everything. But of course, do what your budget will allow you. to.

If you guys need any info on Air runner stuff you can contact the guys at Auto Fashion.

www.Autofashionusa.com

or PM me.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad I know my stuff... (with bags)

I work at a dodge dealership. And lemme tell ya, if you did anything to your car that voids your warranty, Chrysler WILL know. If your service advisor seems to just "overlook it" better make sure a service manager doesn't find out, cuz there are some HUGE fines that the dealership can get hit with. However, being in the minitruck scene/sport, i don't give a **** about voiding my warranties.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by swartzy999
i hope ur joking about thinking that spider has a sik ride!! cuz wow, i mean damn dude, did u see those rims?? wut r those 15's?? its cool though cuz he keeps em clean huh??lol

and sayin air-runners void ur warranty is like sayin lowering springs viod it too....
just my .02, but i think you should be on here a little bit longer before running your mouth. you're running 18s from factory and factory springs, and you're slamming someone with 18s *same size as wheels as you* and is bagged.

im sorry but you dont have much room to talk about bagging when it comes to talking about scions. springs will void your warranty if something directly related to them fails. so yes, air runners can void parts of your warranty, just like springs.

know your ish before spouting things off.

scott
Old 09-16-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After market springs can void a warranty too, unless TRD springs, that are offered through the dealership, however, there are parts TRD make too that they don't warranty because they are intended for "off road use only"

Hell, even wheels CAN void a warranty, but do dealerships really care about that? hardly, basically, not at all.

Even if he had stockies on his car, but bagged, voided warranty anyways. wheels dont mean anything.

He has the jist of his ish.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by swartzy999

I never said it would void your warranty, I just said it was as likely as any other airride to void your warranty. Plus I can't beleive anyone bagging any car with any kit really cares about their warranty. I know I am holding my breath about my warranty.

And if it makes your feel better to talk crap about my car, go for it. Some people talk and some people do.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

enuf of that! well i was wondering spyder what exhaust u got cuz i have the GReddy evo 2 axle back and if i put more that 3 people in my car it scrpes hard... does ur exhaust scrape when ur flipn the switches? and i think everyone hates that feeling when u scrape either ur front or ur exhaust...its like someone srratching a chalk board.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I've got a precision muffler magnaflow. Its pretty big (the can part is lower then the rear lip) but the only times I've scraped it is going in my driveway. But I can roll tucking some with out it dragging on the ground, but I am sure it just barely. When I am all the way down, I doubt I could put my hand under it. But thats one of the joys of bags, even when you loaded you can give it more PSI to keep the back from sagging.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member

The kit lists for $3,099 for the XB .

From Everything ive read Airrunner seems the way to go.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

A majority of the bB's the in the bB bible that are on air ride are on the ACC/Air Runner/Air Bomber system. It's been proven for years that this system will last.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

if only it was half the price ^_^
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rampagesd
A majority of the bB's the in the bB bible that are on air ride are on the ACC/Air Runner/Air Bomber system. It's been proven for years that this system will last.
I know Quality products will last but even so thats crazy to spend that much on air ride when most of it is the same exact stuff that you can by seperatly and cheaper..

Speaking of Quality My Cavalier Had Blowjax Cylinders and AIM industries Front Air Struts on it for 3-4 years without a single problem and anyone who knows air ride knows the AIM is not the best stuff on the market.. As long as you take care of your system it will last with you..

Im sorry but I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a kit thats the same products its just packaged over there and shipped here

Alot of the Bags and parts are made over here and shipped overseas and then your paying to ship the stuff back
Old 10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually if anyone has the Air Runner kit for hte XB post a detailed pic of the parts you got in the kit..

I looked and there site and they dont tell you manufacture brands of certain things other then they use Firestone Bellow Bags or Bridgestone Sleeves
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

check here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...169&highlight=
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever you do go with at least one viar 450 ____ that weak ___ thomas 337 compressor that comes with most "kits" If I were you I would piece a kit together before I bought a all in one kit. Just my .02 By the way you can buy my "kit" for 1200 shipped everything is top of the line. If you are interested pm me with your email address and I can send you more details.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw those pics but sadly cant get any detailed information on compressor / valves they use rebel..

Looks like mostly gnereic brands with there stickers on them

Hoosier Tank / Thomas Compressor / Firestone bags

We can get all the same stuff alot cheaper

But whatever floats ya boat I guess
Old 10-10-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciondrgn
I saw those pics but sadly cant get any detailed information on compressor / valves they use rebel..

Looks like mostly gnereic brands with there stickers on them

Hoosier Tank / Thomas Compressor / Firestone bags

We can get all the same stuff alot cheaper

But whatever floats ya boat I guess
like I've said over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Quick Reply: thinkin about baggin the boX