Notices

15x9 tire fitment??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyBoX
One thing I don't know why as soon as someone talkes about Good Japanese wheels everyone thinks about WORKS first, I'm not bashing people who own Works ( I run them on my track car too) but lets face it they are not the best quality, they do have their good quality line up and other ones are way way much better quality than knockoffs but most of them are just priced for the market so they are popular.

Regading Aaron's wheels, I know for fact not a single Xb here in state running the wheels he got and NO they are not WORKS, lets just say something a tad different.

Aaron, some fender pull/roll and some camber in rears is a sure thing. Fronts are what you should be worried about. They are going to stick out pretty good amount (and don't forget you might need that 5mm spacer) so either some fender work in front, or set of Damd fender flares and call it day.
thanks sean.
thats exactly the answer i was looking for.
btw, i already got some fender flares on the way. i couldnt afford the damd ones and i didnt like the rivetted look. i ended up getting some carbon fiber ones and am planning on painting them to match the car.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsukidesu
Originally Posted by MyBoX
One thing I don't know why as soon as someone talkes about Good Japanese wheels everyone thinks about WORKS first, I'm not bashing people who own Works ( I run them on my track car too) but lets face it they are not the best quality, they do have their good quality line up and other ones are way way much better quality than knockoffs but most of them are just priced for the market so they are popular.

Regading Aaron's wheels, I know for fact not a single Xb here in state running the wheels he got and NO they are not WORKS, lets just say something a tad different.

Aaron, some fender pull/roll and some camber in rears is a sure thing. Fronts are what you should be worried about. They are going to stick out pretty good amount (and don't forget you might need that 5mm spacer) so either some fender work in front, or set of Damd fender flares and call it day.
thanks sean.
thats exactly the answer i was looking for.
btw, i already got some fender flares on the way. i couldnt afford the damd ones and i didnt like the rivetted look. i ended up getting some carbon fiber ones and am planning on painting them to match the car.
I have Works and I can say that Sean knows what he's talking about. Aaron's wheels are something different, I like them. Some folks feel like Weds are better or other quality brands that may not be as popular as Works. I'd personally say Works is the minimum I would get for JDM quality wheels. The mild flares I have were fiberglass for the xB from Team Prototype, I also have their wild flares that you need to custom modify if you are interested. If your tires stretch, I think the rims will stick out but not the tread so I think you'll be fine too.

Peace
Old 08-06-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he went SSR?
Old 08-06-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
he went SSR?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there have been a few pics of xB's with SSR 4 spoke wheels in bronze popping up. the new craze for now. My new wheel could be the Work LS105. but that's for now. It could change by the time I'm ready.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
there have been a few pics of xB's with SSR 4 spoke wheels in bronze popping up. the new craze for now. My new wheel could be the Work LS105. but that's for now. It could change by the time I'm ready.
I know his wheel is different and its probably different because its not popular. But it should still look sick.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Infact they are very very popular but they are Japan Market only and can not be ordered by international dealers that's why JDMPalace placed the order and they are on their way to him !!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I thought they werent that popular since I havent seen a set on any xB yet here in the states. Especially a brand new set, and especially the fitment like that. To me popular means everybody has them, I know it will be awesome when it arrives, especially in the islands. My brother and I both had a set in 13s, he had a vw I had a civic LOL
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that old school nostalgic look hasn't been too popular with any of the late model japanese cars up until maybe several years back and is slowly starting to catch speed just like the whole "VIP" thing. keeping in mind that i said "late model" cars. i know the older toyota crowd here locally for example loves that kind of look.

should match well with the camo paint scheme though.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Yep Yep,
at first I was not sure about them but Aaron he wanted them so, he is the Boss !! But I just placed an order for another guy in HI !! You guys sure know what you want and the cost doesn't seem to mattter So far I know 6 guys in HI who should have pretty nice cars.