Notices

New xA owner here! Wheels any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New xA owner here! Wheels any good?

Hey all! I'm a relatively new driver (17) and from NJ. I just gave up my 88 Cougar XR7 for a 2004 Scion xA that my brother had. It's an AWESOME car, I love the look, the handling, everything about it! The only thing is, it has stock 15" rims with some VERY scratched up stock hubcaps. Right now, the black xA is completely stock and am looking to get some nice 17" body color wheels with chrome insides. I'm finding these all over ebay and are exactly the look I'm going for, but they are about $300 shipped. That seems like "too" cheap of a price. I'm looking to get some Yokohoma 205/45-17 tires for them. Any opinions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Bl...51806022QQrdZ1

So far, I love the Scion since it handles WAY better than the Cougar, which was rear wheel drive, with a 5.0L V8 and guzzled gas. The xA also has NO horrible blindspot, no giant trunk and hood to account for, and weighs roughly half as much as the Coug. The Cougar was my first car and it has a special place in my heart, but now I have a much deeper appreciation for newer cars that are much safer and do not fishtail in the rain now that I've gotten used to having a giant land yacht with no turning radius. I plan on sticking around here for a while and getting the xA nice and upgraded.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BSA wheels are pretty well known. If those are the wheels you want, I say get 'em.

As for tires, I just picked up a set of Yokohama AVE ES100s and they're pretty sticky! Let us know what you get!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

You said all, enjoy your new ride
Old 03-30-2006, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure that they weren't crap. I'm new to the scene as I've mainly been in muscle car land for a while with Cougar/Mustang parts and I'm not too familiar with many of the more tuner-esque brands. So far I'm planning to get the BSA rims, those Yokohoma ES100s, a cold air intake kit, and TRD axleback exhaust. Along with new set of mats from Toyota, some sport pedals, and matching chrome shifter/emergency brake handles. I want to do a black/silver/red color scheme. The black body, with black rims with chrome inside, paint the calipers red, and get the engine nice and dressed up with mostly TRD and AEM parts. Also, planning on tinting the back windows/rear windshield and do all red cabling and loom inside of the engine compartment.