Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Got Hit on my way to work Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Got Hit on my way to work Today!!!!

Hey all, I got hit today on my way to work, rear ended my damn xB is only 4 months old So anyways I need to find a good shop to do the repairs on my car it looks to be just the bumper that needs replacing but who knows if anything under the car is messed up. I have AAA and they told me I could go to Lexus of Cerritos to get the repairs done. Any thoughts??? I know there are quite a few of you that live here in the Southern California area. And I saw 3 xB's pass by me as I was swapping info with the other drivers. What is funny is the girl that hit the Porsche Boxter that hit me was Smoking hot wearing a micro mini skirt, she said she spilled coffee on her lap and looked down, thats when she hit the boxter. This Sucks I was stoped and he hit me hard enough that I thought that my airbags would have gone off, they didnt but now my neck hurts I have to go see the Dr. this afternoon. So much for actually getting a short work day and to think I was gonna wash and wax my car today when I got home Oh well Anyways if any of you have any suggestions on getting my car looked at then feel free to drop me a line! I would greatly appreciate it.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

welome to the club! *sarcasm*

geez... so sorry to hear that. if it's any consolation, I got hit after 202 miles... didn't even fill up with my first tank of gas. i'm not from socal, so sorry i can't help you with the bodyshop.

hope things work out dude!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry about your box, that really stinks. Don't know about repair places, as I am in FL, but take it from me, go to a doctor, and if you aren't satisfied go to another. I was rear ended by a wrecker 14 years ago, and I sure wish I had gotten a second opinion and gotten better care. I am paying for still today with the jaw pain and headaches. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I plan on going to see the Dr as soon as I get off work, Im not hurting that bad but, thats not the point, I shouldnt be hurting at all!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the next day is usually when you really start to hurt. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel you Jeff.

Had mine 3 months when I was rear ended. Fortunate enough to get her back after only 2 days in the shop. It was a shop that specialized in luxury cars, but here in Chicago, so I can't help you with a shop in Cali. I found out after my accident that airbags only deploy if the front bumper is part of the accident. Because I thought mine should have deployed too (heh).

Hope you feel better soon and you get your box back lickety split.

Depending on the cost of the damage, you might also want to look into getting a kit. The shop I went to wasn't going for that (don't know why), but some will.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yo dude sue! the ____ out of that girl maybe she'll give you favors to get her way out of the law suit good luck .