Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

The one dealer option you wish you got/glad you have...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Got the cruise control, wish I had also gotten the spoiler
Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I'm glad I got cruise! The dealer installed version is at least covered under warranty, so if it messes up, I just run it back there. My last car's cruise went out before I had to make a run to STL... 600 miles with a charley horse behind endless trucks and slow @$$ blue-hairs ain't cool!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

I have the thunder cloud metalic pics on www.cardomain.com/id/scioneers
Old 08-10-2005, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

foglights..
spoiler...
floormats..
cargo cover...
tinted front windows(to match rear)..
& 6disc indash
Old 08-10-2005, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wish i'd bought the cruise
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member

Couldn't live without my 6-disc or my Cruise

Wish I'd have gotten it lowered but no biggie.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Mine was bone stock, immediately bought floor mats from a dealership through eBay. my dealer had a large selection of Rims, wish I had done them there so it could have been financed. I still wish I hadn't turned down the sunroof either. Darn my penny pinching!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I went with the Leather interior and optional taillights. Begged for the cruise but was told they wouldnt install it for me, or if they did they would viod my warrenty
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm happy with mine automatic. My wife drives it more then me. We live MD and she works in Mclean VA and drives in stop and go traffic every day so she loves having the automatic.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh the trd short shifter on a manual xb is a MUST
Old 08-10-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the car needed much more than it came with, I would have bought a different car.

Seriously, for us the xB is a roleplayer: "the 2nd car." It's for commuting and local trips. For long road trips we take the MPV, since I'm probably bringing a bike anyway.

I never use cruise control around here anyway, so I don't miss it on the xB. The traffic is too dense for cruise.

I have hundreds CDs ripped on my hard drive, so making MP3 discs that play for 10+ hours is simple. No need for a 6-disc changer, or even an Aux jack for my Rio.

We did buy the fog lights because, well, it gets foggy in the PA mountains and river valleys. The car came with floor mats, which was fine. I added a Zeta Products storage armrest, which I like but is maybe a tad too big. And I'm going to put the applique on the rear bumper (trdsparks has it for like $20 shipped) mostly because I hope it will hide the dirt that builds up there.

We bought the automatic because we drive in city traffic so much, and because I have a trick left knee, and because my wife has back problems that make lifting her leg while seated painful.

Finally, we bought the Scion Security system. People will laugh. But when properly calibrated it works quite well, and having it on the original invoice got us a discount on our insurance that, over the life of the car, will almost pay for the feature.

As for performance enhancements, well, like I said, if I didn't like the car the way it is I would have bought a different car. I love the way it handles, I like to have a lot of "road feel," I have no problem with the acceleration, and I have a big smile on my face every time I drive it. Call me naive.

RichC
Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Short shifter but thats easy enough to do myself and Spoiler would be easy enough to do myself but i can't bring myself to drill holes in my car(even though i drill holes in aircraft all the time!) i'll let them do it so i don't have to see my box violated (and get the warranty).
Old 08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have yet to get my xB (Feb '06), but here is my list:

-Spoiler
-Floor Mats/Cargo Mat
-Cruise Control (I have a company car for in town driving, so this is a long distance only car)
-Security system for the insurance discount... I want to see if I could get a discount if i used after-market first
-GPS Navigatiion System... This is the only thing the dealer doesn't have that I would like.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

I got my box absolutely stock and I'm so glad I did. I like the aftermarket parts that I've put on/in it so much better than any of the dealer options.

Plus, it's been MUCH cheaper to buy parts off ebay and install them than it would have been to have the dealer install them. And it's been easy, too.

I am not a carhead at all and I've been able to do everything myself so far.

I've added
Megan Racing front strut bar
K2 Motors Dual Halo dual projector headlights
altezza JDM black taillights
fullsize armrest with storage compartment
racing pedals
custom floormats
stainless door sill replacements.

Will soon be adding cold air intake, exhaust and cruise. I will probably only be able to do the intake and will probably need ot get mechanic friends to do the cruise and the exhaust for me, but still gonna be way cheaper and I can pick out exactly what I want.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The Toyota aftermarket gray steerig wheel feels ALOT better than the OEM plastic one. Glad I have it now, didn't get it originally.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

when i saw my friend's xB, i just fell in love with his stock spoiler, it just looks better...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yeah i really wish my XB had airconditioning

That would be a sweet option. They did put some sort of compressor in there but no cold air.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome...thanks for all the responses. Crazy how many of you said cruise control...I was under the impression that this was not an available option--all the reviews of these cars said that.

I never use it anyway, so I don't think that'll be an issue.

I definitely plan to get the Scion floormats for both cars, but I'll wait til spring. The dealer threw in a freebie WalMart set for both cars, so those will be the bad weather mats & the Scion ones will go in for good weather.

The cargo liner is also an option that I will definitely buy for both cars now that I've read your responses, but I think I'll wait til spring for those too...don't have a dog yet.

I'd considered having them put the rear bumper applique on, but then I figured I'd just try to keep it as scratch-free as possible for as long as possible, and if it becomes a problem I can put one on later.

I'd also considered the TRD springs because the aftermarket & dealer prices are within 10 bucks, but I really want the Eibachs for the advantage of progressive-rate.

One thing I got for the xA that I wasn't planning on for the xB was remote start...but now I'm really considering it. Winter starts suck & the Mustang has it & I'm spoiled.

Anyway, keep 'em coming.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wish I had gotten the 15" wheels. Would have changed payments very little, and now, I am waiting for the stock tires to wear out, and make the switch then. Really missing some wheels, but will continue with less expensive mods until then.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad I got the carpets, even if they cost $120