Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Saw the xB for the first time!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Saw the xB for the first time!

Okay, I saw the xB for the first time. It was already 9pm at night and I was riding around with my old folks. Since I was blabbering so much about Scion, he decides to pull into this Toyota dealership that was already closing. Luckily enough, they had 1 xB in the lot for display.

Now, I was all about the xA but after seeing the xB, I'm starting to think things over again! That xB was looking fine. I never knew how small it was but how roomy it looked inside. From the pictures, it didn't catch my fancy since the shots really don't do the xB justice. Whenever I see pics of the xB, my brain always imagines it to be larger than it should. But after seeing it for real, it was damn good looking design. I'm seriously impressed

Anyhooo, I didn't see the xA. I looked around the parking lot and couldn't find one. I'm thinking of going to another Toyota dealership and checking both them of out, side by side. I've decided that an automatic is what I need since I don't plan on making it my performance car.

Once again, I am torn between cars! xA? xB? tC? Damn it! If I only had the money for all three! Heh. But the tC is hot cause I'd like to turn it into a performance car. Ah, decisions, decision.. {: P
Old 01-12-2004, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

They are all great machines.. if you want a cruiser go for the a or b, it you want a guarenteed performance enhancer, get the tC, I think the xB is the ____, there is no other car like it in my book, but to each his own...either way any one you pick you would still be joining a great family...

Doc
Old 01-12-2004, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just saw it for the first time huh? Where do you live, on the east coast? It's an awesome ride...watch out though...it kind of plants itself in your brain and eats away until you can't control yourself and you have to buy one! I'm speaking from experiance here!
Old 01-12-2004, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the xB is truly a unique looking vehicle...and there's nothing like it out there. the xA reminds me of a mini Matrix...the TC is an awesome car, but the overall design isn't something new.

I truly think the xB is an attention grabber...either good or bad. I don't mind getting the TC either, but i'll make that decision upon the final pricing.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DibujoB
Just saw it for the first time huh? Where do you live, on the east coast?
thats my question where do you live segarion
Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I live in the East Coast. VA to be exact. I've been drooling over the Scion line up for the past 6 or so months now. This was the first time I actually moved my butt to see the cars. So far I'm impressed with the xB. The only downside is automatic cost extra. Is it always like this with all cars out there?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Segarion
Is it always like this with all cars out there?
Yep....Get a 5 speed...A few bills cheaper and more fun to drive...
Old 01-12-2004, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member

yea i notcied that too.. you see the pics, and it looks dope.. but when u see it in person in comparison of the size to other cars... it puts it in persepective and looks 10000 times better, cuz your mind thinks its s trunk/SUV/Van but its smaller than most cars.... its over a foot shorter than my tiny mirage coupe was. haha DOPE!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Any car you purchase, expect to pay an average of a grand for an automatic tranny.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by DibujoB
Just saw it for the first time huh? Where do you live, on the east coast? It's an awesome ride...watch out though...it kind of plants itself in your brain and eats away until you can't control yourself and you have to buy one! I'm speaking from experiance here!
Is that how you feel in luv with it Drew? For me the Xb is 2 things, first it has so a different look, and I luv when you drive down the road people are looking, some like it some don't, but they are all looking, second what a value for what you get for what you pay aka.. bang for the buck, is there a better car on the market that still has Toyota's quality...all the standard goodies It a great car, plus we have this amazing community behind this great product,it's no wonder to me that Scion has enjoyed so much succes, wait to you drive this car, than like my man Drew says, it will eat at ya
Old 01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDrum
Originally Posted by Segarion
Is it always like this with all cars out there?
Yep....Get a 5 speed...A few bills cheaper and more fun to drive...
and you actually get to drive the car instead of just pointing it in a direction.