Tail Light Garnish

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tail Light Garnish

I haven't found much info on this part, and I have a couple questions:

I'm tossing around the idea of purchasing the tail-light garnishes and painting them body color (or black). Could anyone tell me how well they fit the light? Do they fit relatively flush with the body? Any rubbing issues with the hatch? When the lights are on, can you see light escaping towards the outer edge of the garnish?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Banned

They fit very well. I honestly like them very much, as long as you paint them a good color you should be good. What color is your car? You can see the light very well through them. No problems here.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBman
They fit very well. I honestly like them very much, as long as you paint them a good color you should be good. What color is your car? You can see the light very well through them. No problems here.
The toaster is black sand pearl. So I could almost get away with a quality black rattle can job instead of seeking professional painting services to paint them body color.

I'm not sure if I explained the light thing accurately. If you look at the outer edge of the light, say where the light meets the fender. When it is dark out and the ligths are on, do you see light escaping from that joint, like as if the light were coming out on the other side of the garnish? I know I sound insane... ;)
Old 09-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Banned

yeah. On myne it does b/c the adhesive isnt holding as well as i would like it to. But i would think that i would seal properly. Just make sure you get some good paint cleaner and clean the area where the adhesieve is going to stick to to make sure you get the best possible stick.

Dave
Old 09-25-2004, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

They look pretty good. They dress up the white covers real nice. The price, however is rediculous. I paid almost as much for them as I did for my replacement lights, bought the aftermarket red lights for the back. You'll like the garnishes though, they add a nice touch.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm definately going to be smoking the tail lights before I add the garnish. I have a local body shop who will do it for me at a decent price. I also just learned they have black chrome paint, so I may spray the garnish and bB emblems with black chrome. Should add a nice touch.

I'm a few months away from this actually happening, but I just want to get my ideas straight in my head before I start spending money. Pictures will definately be posted with the finished product.