First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Taught her how to use my stick....!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Taught her how to use my stick....!

Yeah laugh as you will but seriously my XA dealer could have had me OTD in a hour but NOOOOOOOOOOO my girl, panted and huffed and puff....you know the scene you get when she's saying no and your thinking yes. Ok we're talking about buying a car, not sex....I finally won and brought home the stick.

It's been 2 months and finnally after every excuse was worn out and the timing, location, and sincerity was right. :lol: , I say hey baby you drive, try it now. So she gets in the driver seat and I give her her first lesson.....no not sex, let it out easy,(the clutch!) and then give it a little gas....the XA moves! whalla!....oooh baby that was smooth!...So we drive it around the block a few times. We were in Irvine, in the neighborhood. And every round she drove, she got better. first to second gear only, a few rounds, then to third a few rounds, then to fourth....ok we never got to fifth gear but for the first day, she did real good. Her face was smiling and she said. Now I know why you like to drive a manual 5 speed, IT'S MORE FUN! AND YOU'RE MORE IN CONTROL OF THE CAR....boy she was right.

So be patient, don't force it...give her time to watch you drive it and the more you suggest her to drive...she might surprise you and try it, and then you will both enjoy the manual transmission 5 speed experience. And driving an XA in 3rd @ 3200 to 4500 is dope!....
Old 10-15-2003, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

congratulations!
Old 12-05-2003, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member

ikon tried to teach me how to drive stick(non sexual) in his old corlloa(this sounds bad anyways), and the first time it stalled i burst into tears,so that was the end of that lesson. so i stuck with an automatic lol
Old 12-06-2003, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My favorite anecdote about this:
One time I was cruising down El Camino with a good girl friend in my old fairlady roadster, when I got a call on my cell phone. So I answered it and half-jokingly asked Ayu-chan to shift for me. She took over the shifter w/o hesitation and was rowing through the gears like a pro while I operated the pedals. I was like daaaang. Then I remembered that she had learned how to drive stick in Japan and that she was used to shifting on the "wrong" side of the road.. >HAHAHAHA<
Sorry, I like to reminisce too much sometimes... :)