Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector

Old 12-28-2018, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Default Bug Deflector

Just bought a 2014 xB and need a deflector.

Anyone have any leads?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-25-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 06-25-2019, 10:04 PM

Default FormFit in Calgary

bought one from these guys in Calgary after looking everywhere for one for my 2014 xB

https://www.formfithoodprotectors.co...-xb-2010-2015/

Originally Posted by jjbacoomba
Just bought a 2014 xB and need a deflector.

Anyone have any leads?

Old 02-02-2020, 08:06 PM
SL Member

That's the same one I bought, looks real good in all the pictures, max protection. I just stopped in shock mid install. There are cheap metal clips that fit over the beautiful paint on the edge of my hood. There is no way in H--- I'm putting those cheezie metal clips over my paint. Even with the very thin clear film protection strips supplied to go under the clips. This would wear through the paint in no time and cause rust with the dissimilar metals chaffing. Mine is still new in the box and protective wrapping. If I can't return it, I'll make a deal with someone who doesn't care about their finish, or maybe it's already stone chipped and it would hide it.
This is the one I purchased https://formfithoodprotectors.com/pr...-xb-2010-2015/
I was so excited and now very disappointed.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Default Canadian xB Gen2 Hood

Would it be possible to use double sided tape to hold the deflector in place? Or is there not enough flat surface area to use that option?
Old 02-11-2020, 07:10 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by wagonbldr
Would it be possible to use double sided tape to hold the deflector in place? Or is there not enough flat surface area to use that option?
It has large rubber bumpers which stick onto your hood, then the low profile hood visor would rest on the bumpers (which is nice) and prevents damage and rattling/ moving around. The part I don't care for is the clips that are needed with this design. "U" shaped metal clips that slide over the edge of the hood and leaves a piece protruding with a hole in it. The visor has a hole which aligns with the hole in the metal clip and uses plastic fasteners to attach to the metal clip on the hood with the visor. I don't see any way possible this will not chafe through the paint in short time. I contemplated rubber dipping the clips in plastic-kote, although I'm just not comfortable with the design/application. Maybe if my Boxcar was older with damaged hood paint, but this is in new condition.
I do appreciate your suggestion and time to post it, I am returning the visor though. It's a shame because it's the only one available at this time on this planet for our vehicles. It does look smart, especially since I blacked mine out. Black badges, window tint, window visors, and wheels. When I placed it on the hood I was real excited to install it.
Thanks again for you consideration.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:57 PM
SL Member

It is not a "link"

copy n paste