Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Are JDM lights worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJrepresent
Alright, break it up people.

All I wanted to know is if the JDM lights were pieces of **** like the TYC tails that everyone bought and got ripped off on.

That's it, and so far it seems like they're built well and worth the money.

I'm asking because I still have TYC tails installed in mine and the break lights have completely malfunctioned. So I want to get a pair of lights that are actually street legal. I don't want to use the stock lights since they're very unattractive.
You do realize that if you install those "ricer" LED tails you'll be doing so without the approval of Canibeat, a 3-mod trophy winner and may not get the parking lot respect craved by follow-the-leader types? Jus-sayin....

OTOH, you could totally screw up your car's handling with air bags, ruin the ride, mpg and braking performance with 20's and install some tacky looking diamond-stitched Clazzios instead.

To each his own!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

now I didn't read the entire thread but did read the title and if your talking about the Toyota Rumion tails. I think that they are worth. I personally have them on my 2nd gen and I like them much better than any other tail-light out there for the '08 xB. I was never a fan of the TYC style lights and almost bought the tail-light covers from Marshall but I still would have been left with a single reverse light.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You may wanna read the whole thing
Old 01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
You do realize that if you install those "ricer" LED tails you'll be doing so without the approval of Canibeat, a 3-mod trophy winner and may not get the parking lot respect craved by follow-the-leader types? Jus-sayin....

OTOH, you could totally screw up your car's handling with air bags, ruin the ride, mpg and braking performance with 20's and install some tacky looking diamond-stitched Clazzios instead.

To each his own!
Thats Funny
Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To each his own!
I honestly lol'd when I read this. I'm not offended by your opinion and neither should the OP (or anyone else) be offended by my opinion. I however never came here seeking approval or the opinion of other members for the mods I've made. If opinions aren't wanted...don't ask.

Just to stir the pot more tho..my car rides smoother and handles better then stock, my mpg's went down by maybe 2mpg with the 20's on and its a slow automatic xb so I don't notice any change in the brakes...the interior is a love or hate item, I give you that.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 AM

Opinions are like _______s... Everyones got em and they all stink. Lol
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 AM

Sorry... A holes but sure u got it. Forgot this site is PG rated
Old 01-23-2012, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ricersux
I honestly lol'd when I read this. I'm not offended by your opinion and neither should the OP (or anyone else) be offended by my opinion. I however never came here seeking approval or the opinion of other members for the mods I've made. If opinions aren't wanted...don't ask.

Just to stir the pot more tho..my car rides smoother and handles better then stock, my mpg's went down by maybe 2mpg with the 20's on and its a slow automatic xb so I don't notice any change in the brakes...the interior is a love or hate item, I give you that.
I have to admit that air suspension does ride really well, probably well enough to compensate for the rubber band 20" tires. You may not notice it but it's a certainty that your stopping distance has increased to some degree. Like you said, the diamond stitching is a love/hate thing. I personally like your "show" car although IMO you should consider tinting the front windows so they don't need to be rolled down for photos. It's very clean while so many go way too far for my taste (not that my opinion matters).

BTW, great comeback! I'm sure lots of peeps scoff at me boosting a slow auto XB but to each his own. You keep winning show trophies and I'll keep embarrasing Civic Si's, Genesis Coupes, et al. Whatever makes us happy...
Old 01-23-2012, 04:00 AM

Just saw him today and fronts are tinted and now has new pioneer touchscreen headunit.

And i gotta respect the fast xb, I love passing people all the time in my first gen and would get a kick out of embarrising some of honduh peeps!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to admit that air suspension does ride really well, probably well enough to compensate for the rubber band 20" tires. You may not notice it but it's a certainty that your stopping distance has increased to some degree. Like you said, the diamond stitching is a love/hate thing. I personally like your "show" car although IMO you should consider tinting the front windows so they don't need to be rolled down for photos. It's very clean while so many go way too far for my taste (not that my opinion matters).

BTW, great comeback! I'm sure lots of peeps scoff at me boosting a slow auto XB but to each his own. You keep winning show trophies and I'll keep embarrasing Civic Si's, Genesis Coupes, et al. Whatever makes us happy...
I'm not in it to win trophies. Cars are a lifestyle that consumes my life. Cars are an artform to me and I build em because its who I am....sorry if that's cliche but I don't know how else to explain it. Winning trophies has been a surprise and never the motivation for real car guys.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ricersux
I'm not in it to win trophies. Cars are a lifestyle that consumes my life. Cars are an artform to me and I build em because its who I am....sorry if that's cliche but I don't know how else to explain it. Winning trophies has been a surprise and never the motivation for real car guys.
i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by talt2008
i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time...
Busting out the fast and the furious quotes this thread just took a hole new twist by the way its back from the dead...