Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

help me justify a reason to buy/not buy a weapon R intake manifold...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

lol.

I have the Intake mani on my N/A show car/daily. The gains are moderate without a tune. With a tune its really cheap HP in my opinion because what are you going to pull 30hp out of for less then a grand? My favorite part was the sound. It gave my car such a deep throaghty tone which is what I was going for.

As of this far. I have the Wr race header, down-pipe, engine damper, secret weapon CAI and Intake manifold. Let me tell you right now... You will feel the difference. I'd bet my car on it. The intake alone you'll get a little but maybe not enough to notice if you dont go for the whole spectrum.

As for bad idle and leaning the fuel out... I've had zero problems with mine. Zero. If anything my car started to idle better once I installed my manifold.

Fair warning though, Its a _____ to install lol. It took me about 6 hours because there are bolts on the bottom of the manifold that I still dont know how I got off and when installing the new manifold you have the remove the wipers, wiper motors and wiper housing from the car that took me a while to figure out lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but from everything I've read about our cars, installing HIE leads to 10 to 15 HP boost N/A. Now we're saying replacing an already effective intake manifold with the W-R adds 30 HP? For this, I'm in serious need of seeing dyno proof.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Claims 30 whp.
But have never seen it.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
lol.

I have the Intake mani on my N/A show car/daily. The gains are moderate without a tune. With a tune its really cheap HP in my opinion because what are you going to pull 30hp out of for less then a grand? My favorite part was the sound. It gave my car such a deep throaghty tone which is what I was going for.

As of this far. I have the Wr race header, down-pipe, engine damper, secret weapon CAI and Intake manifold. Let me tell you right now... You will feel the difference. I'd bet my car on it. The intake alone you'll get a little but maybe not enough to notice if you dont go for the whole spectrum.

As for bad idle and leaning the fuel out... I've had zero problems with mine. Zero. If anything my car started to idle better once I installed my manifold.

Fair warning though, Its a _____ to install lol. It took me about 6 hours because there are bolts on the bottom of the manifold that I still dont know how I got off and when installing the new manifold you have the remove the wipers, wiper motors and wiper housing from the car that took me a while to figure out lol.
That sounds about right to me. +10hp from the $700 header/s-pipe combo, +10hp from the $300 CAI and +10hp from the $600 intake after getting a $300-500 tune with a $500+ piggyback. In any case it's got to be a lot better than the BS short runner intake from Descendant.

+10hp for only $1500? Where do I sign up? LOL!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by aggj24
ok..so far what i have on my xB is...
Agency power lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley
Fujita CAI
Strup Ceramic Header
Greddy SE exhaust

im planning on getting a Weapon-R S-pipe, High Flow Cat, custom mid pipe, and quite possible a Weapon-R Intake Manifold.

Now i kinda know the theory behind an aftermarket intake manifold and how it is more beneficial to Force induction engines than N/A engines.

as you can tell i have an N/A engine. somebody school me about why or why not i should spend my money on an intake manfold.

You kind of answered your own question. Forced induction loves it. I wouldnt spend the 600 on it since ur motor is n/a. The best way to get more horse power is to increase cfm. Cubic feet per minute, hence forced induction creates more power. Think of the motor as a air pump, the more you take in the more output. Boosted cars love larger intake mainfold, intake plenums, etc. However that dosent necessarly mean it wouldnt work. Just favors forced induction.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 PM

It sounds to me like you've already made up your mind. Just do it, after all, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its been proven already.(6whp & 11wtq) here is the link to the dyno sheet
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ntake+manifold
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06tcdude
i have heard the car needs to be tuned when that manifold if on. or the car runs lean as it gets more air, and the same fuel as stock.
The ECU is more than capable of adjusting fuelling for air volume, I think.
But a bigger intake on a normally-aspirated engine does not simply result in more air being drawn in, unless the factory intake is a restriction.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but it helps alot, it's not only the air volume, its also how its designed compared to stock one. lots of factors like(air turbulence,air speed,etc). wich helps alot and its been Dyno proven already...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmyjun
its been proven already.(6whp & 11wtq) here is the link to the dyno sheet
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ntake+manifold
The guy also changed out his intake from an ARC box to the WR intake. I'd like to see a dyno of just the intake manifold