Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

HELP! Bluetooth connected cuts out

Old 10-10-2013, 04:41 PM

Default HELP! Bluetooth connected cuts out

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2012 Scion XB with the standard radio. When i first got the car I connected my Iphone 5 and the bluetooth worked fine for about 6 months and then started to act funny.

When connected sometimes the audio will sound fine and other times it will cut it out and while playing music. When this happens there is nothing that will fix it...I have tried unpairing and reconnecting but it does the same thing.

I am not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member

Try another device, not an apple product lol, and see what type of behavior you get from it.

IF the new device plays fine, it's your phone. If it doesn't, it's the deck.

Are you out of warranty as far as mileage?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:04 PM

Okay good idea I will see If I can have a friend connect a different phone and see what happens.

I do have my Iphone connected to a Jawbone Jambox and it never cuts out when connected to that.

If it does end up being the phone causing the issue though I still dont know what I can do about it other then not use it:/ Its just weird how it worked fine for so long and now does this.

No im still in warranty. Just hit 20k Yesterday.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member

If it works out that it isn't your phone, hit the easy button and take it in for warranty.

That's just me though. I'm not good with pulling decks out, tearing them down, finding the problem, putting them together, and buttoning up.

Then the time issue comes into play too.
Did I mention that I work 70+ hours a week, have 2 kids, coach football, and go to the gym 6 days a week, for 1.5 hours
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I work for Vzw and we get people all the time where in car Bluetooth work with one type phone but not others. My guess is either the car BT is messed up or doesn't like apple. But my 09 hooked up to my iPhone fine

Newest software on iPhone? Does phone music cut out and internet radio? Pandora/iTunes Radio etc?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM

I would take it in for warranty but I have a feeling they wont be able to do anything for me and will just blame it on the phone.

Ya I had an Iphone 4 hooked up for a few months with no issue then I got the Iphone 5 and that worked for about 6 months and ever since then it just started cutting out.

It was working on Ios6 and then all the sudden started doing this were the audio would cut out every 5 seconds or so and then I upgraded to IOS7 but the same issue continues. Ya It happens with anything over Bluetooth...Music, Pandora, iTunes radio, even phone calls.

I really enjoy being able to use the Bluetooth its just annoying how some days it works fine and others it doesn't and there doesn't seem to be a reason one way or another.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try an android phone just to test it
Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The iphone 5 bt antenna is on the side of the phone, if its blocked in anyway it can make the signal cut out, putting a hand over it or anything like that can make it cut out. try connecting it and leaving it in the tray on the dash or your cup holder.

I know this because my coworker uses his iphone for bt in our shop and we figured this out one day cuz it kept cutting out.

My advice, Drooooooid lol.