Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]
View Poll Results: Which intake system do you have?
AEM
8.70%
Injen
21.74%
Fujita
13.04%
TRD
43.48%
Weapon-R
4.35%
Other, please specify below
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Which Intake System do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Which Intake System do you have?

Which Intake system do you have and how would you rate it...

cost?

installation?

appearance?

performance?

sound?

overall?

1 = junk
10 = awesome
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Stock intake

cost - not sure came with the car

installation - free, came installed from the factory

appearance - sleeper status

performance - dunno but my ride has decent get up and go being all stock.

sound - quiet

overall - 5 neither bad or good, its the stock system. Maybe a bit restrictive due to the snorkel being rerouted into the engine bay
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the polished AEM cold air intake

cost - around 275
installation - DIY, i decided to take the bumper and battery out. i thought i would spend the extra 30mins so that i could get the intake in without scratching the polished intake..
appearance - fantastic for the first two months or so.. afterwards the heat mixed with the waterspots means that it starts to dull.. otherwise i think it looks fantastic.. bling bling!!
performance - i have a automatic but there is a noticeable power increase i guess 5-6 hp for autos, but import tuner dynoed the AEM to gain 5-12hp on a RS5 xB
sound - there is a noise increase.. it starts to roar at 3k rpm that may be bad when youre trying to be suave and trying to whisper lovelies to the ladies
overall - relatively expensive but i bought it solely for the design. the pipe goes between the battery and the ECU/fuse box which means that its out of the way of the battery unlike the TRD. also cause the "split" is closer to the MAF i can put the filter on the throttle body side pipe and have a short ram for winter like i am doing now.
side note: i dont think installation should be a criteria because aside from the WR, K&N short ram, they are all about the same in difficulty. and here is a couple pics for persuasion if you need it..

Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

These are the intakes I have done.

Weapon R

cost? 0

installation? The installation of the intake was pretty easy. Since it is a short ram.

appearance? Overall the intake looks good. Personally I do not like the filter pointing right at me.

performance? The performance of this intake is good. Really good for a short ram for sure.

sound? The SRI has a good sound to it for sure. You can not hear it like you can a CAI since it is in the motor area.

overall? Overall the appearance and performance of the intake is great. Easy install and looks good. There is a CAI kit for this intake now, so that might help alot.

I would give this intake a 7.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K&N

cost? 0

installation? Installation on this intake is easy. Alot like the Weapon R except that it has a heatshield that you install first. Not bad at all to do either.

appearance? Appearance looks good, same as the Weapon R though. I am not a fan of the filter sitting right there pointing at you. It is a silver color so it is easy to keep clean.

performance? Performance wise this is a good intake.

sound? Decent sound, but hidden by the motor compartment as well

overall? I was pretty pleased with this intake as well. Just not a big fan of the filter in the motor area.

7 good intake aswell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fujita CAI

cost? 0

installation? Installation of this intake was alot different then the short ram intakes for sure. Since a section of it goes through the fender and down into the wheel well. I am running different batteries so I had to loosen up everything and move it out of the way.

appearance? The overall appearence of the intake is great. It is a polished tube and looks great once it is in there. The bad thing is that you have to polish it everynow and then to keep it looking great.

performance? My overall favorite in the performance area. I am a fan of the CAI intake though. Has great power all the way through.

sound? You can really hear this one since it is outside the motor area and on the driver side. Great deep tone when you get on it.

overall? Overall I am very pleased with the intake.

9 very happy with the intake for sure.

Hopefully this helps alittle.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD

cost? too much

installation? pita...had to take the wheel off...thought it was ridiculous but it was my first CAI...

appearance? fine...dont care about it too much...love the little inlet pice thing :D

performance? its good...

sound? great around 3k and up...really have to juice it to get it going

overall? love the carb sticker...donesnt really matter in illinois though...even though there is an enclosure for the filter and it has a scoop junk gets in there...ive found snow in the scoop...none on the face of the filter but on the scoop...i guess its good that its there otherwise it might be getting too dirty...

Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Which Intake System do you have?

got the Injen cai / black

cost? $200

installation? very easy just gotta remove the battery

appearance? looks great because it's black

performance? you can feel a very balance gain low - top end and the response got better

sound? a loud deep growl gotta hear it to love it

overall? great product. you can feel the difference. worth every penny lately it's been cold and a little rainy and every time i gun it it feels sooo much better compared to summer time. if it route around the battery i would give it a 10 but since it's not i'll give it a 9.5
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 AM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K&N Typhoon™ Air Intake System

I got this from NoLimitzInd, thx!

Cost: $0 traded

installation? easy

It compliments Strup header I got from NoLimitzInd and the eliminated muffler fro Randode.

I had a generic tC short ram before, the tube is larger on the K&N. I think it response is better.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=69-8613TS
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cost?

$240

installation?

was a pita...but my friends did it for me...so whatever...lol

appearance?

looks pretty nice...I like the TRD vent opening for the cold air intake on the front bumper...but I wish they had another one for the other side cuz it looks kinda off...

performance?

seems to provide a little power...but not sure how much...anybody get a dyno to see the perfomance gains? lol

sound?

very nice...I like it when it opens up after 3k rpm...kinda like my weekend driver...

overall?

10 = awesome