Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

May 15th.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default May 15th.

As of this moment, the South East region is due to get their one xB2 on or about the 15th of May. Other units will trail by about 2 weeks or so.

I don't know how the other regions are getting theirs, so I can't comment on what they may or may not be telling you. Just remember that your local dealer is typically a poor place for information gathering.

Now you have solid info on the date for the biggest baddest Scion region on the planet, do with it what you like.

- Good bye, and good luck.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I literally just hung up from a call from my local Scion dealer (12:17 PM here) and she had the arrival of the Silver Auto my wife wants coming in on May 11th.

Wife is out now, so will see what her reaction is when she gets back.

This is from the Cincinnati Scion region, so YMMV.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i posted a week back about the push back date. we were supposed to order the demo xB on the april 16th allocation until they pushed it back to the 30th. so the actual sold xB won't be ordered till mid may for an end of may arrival at the dealer.

and for those dealers who plans on selling their 1st xB, big mistake. unless things change where we get more than one on the 1st allocation i wouldn't sell the only xB you'll get.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mickie3
I literally just hung up from a call from my local Scion dealer (12:17 PM here) and she had the arrival of the Silver Auto my wife wants coming in on May 11th.

i'm sorry to break the bad news, its not coming on the 11th unless your dealer has an eta from their port which i'm pretty sure they don't.

the way to get an actual eta is when the vehicle will be ordered which is on the 30th, scion district mgr calls the dealer to relay what they will be getting two days later, dealer goes to scion vehicle maintenance where they might see a port or stockyard arrival date that will show something like 5/9, port processes paperwork and 1 to 2 days later releases an eta to dealer that has a 3 to 4 day window (5/11-5/15).

so for your dealer to say it will defintely arrive at the 11th is BS,.... but your also in a different region but then again southern california will get it first based on our geographic location. so, don't get your hopes up and remember not every dealer is the same. deal with your city or state #1 scion dealer if you want to get real up to date info.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We do it a bit differnetly in the SE. Allocation is done every 1.5 weeks or so, and is completely automated. On allocation day, we simply goto the Vehicle Processing site, and then we have to strip out the SET preloaded accy's and then accept. It will show up on our locator with port arrival date, ship number, work order date, and dealer ETA.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
We do it a bit differnetly in the SE. Allocation is done every 1.5 weeks or so, and is completely automated. On allocation day, we simply goto the Vehicle Processing site, and then we have to strip out the SET preloaded accy's and then accept. It will show up on our locator with port arrival date, ship number, work order date, and dealer ETA.
that's true you SET guys are in whole different world with everyone else.

we call your region the M.U.T. mafia union toyota.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rich_Manas

(1)
i'm sorry to break the bad news, its not coming on the 11th unless your dealer has an eta from their port which i'm pretty sure they don't.
(2)
the way to get an actual eta is when the vehicle will be ordered which is on the 30th, scion district mgr calls the dealer to relay what they will be getting two days later, dealer goes to scion vehicle maintenance where they might see a port or stockyard arrival date that will show something like 5/9, port processes paperwork and 1 to 2 days later releases an eta to dealer that has a 3 to 4 day window (5/11-5/15).
(3)
so for your dealer to say it will defintely arrive at the 11th is BS,.... but your also in a different region but then again southern california will get it first based on our geographic location. so, don't get your hopes up and remember not every dealer is the same. deal with your city or state #1 scion dealer if you want to get real up to date info.
(1) (3)
They DID say they had the ETA on the port arrival. The delivery date of the 11th was based on transit from port to dealer.
(2)
That may well be in your region, but this is not your region. As scionofPCFL says, they do it a different way in the SE region, who knows or cares how Cincinnati does it, as long as it gets done? Hell, they could have monkeys doing it for all I care.
(3)
How does SCal get them all 1st? Has Toyota not figured out yet that there are other ports in this country? Does the franchise agreement of the 70s get them a 1st shot at delivery of vehicles? (Almost a serious question.)
(3)
Yes, I am very familiar with the differences in dealers (as well as regions), that is why I chose the prime dealer in this area (they actually own 2 of the 4 local dealerships) as I had a rather bad experience with Toyota back in the 70s, but that is another subject. One of the local dealers, if they told you the sun was out, you better look out to verify as they are "interesting" and are why car salesmen are held in such low regard by the public.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rich_Manas

(1)
(2)
(3)
(1) (3)
They DID say they had the ETA on the port arrival. The delivery date of the 11th was based on transit from port to dealer.
(2)
That may well be in your region, but this is not your region. As scionofPCFL says, they do it a different way in the SE region, who knows or cares how Cincinnati does it, as long as it gets done? Hell, they could have monkeys doing it for all I care.
(3)
How does SCal get them all 1st? Has Toyota not figured out yet that there are other ports in this country? Does the franchise agreement of the 70s get them a 1st shot at delivery of vehicles? (Almost a serious question.)
(3)
Yes, I am very familiar with the differences in dealers (as well as regions), that is why I chose the prime dealer in this area (they actually own 2 of the 4 local dealerships) as I had a rather bad experience with Toyota back in the 70s, but that is another subject. One of the local dealers, if they told you the sun was out, you better look out to verify as they are "interesting" and are why car salesmen are held in such low regard by the public.
(1)
jeez, here i thought i was helping you out so not to get your hopes up because the big bad car dealers don't know anything and all they do is rip people off.

(2)
i acknowledge scionofpcfl regarding the SET region after he quoted me. so, don't let me put on my flame suit.

(3)
we are closer to japan where your state is farther, but again who knows maybe the SET boat left earlier. i'm not sure how your region gets cars but i'm pretty sure it arrives at a port, then to a stockyard, then to a dealer, but then again i could be wrong. where ours is port to dealer which 60 miles away.

(4)
and don't get into the car salesman slagging cause not all are the same. there are actually more on the better end today compared to a decade ago. i have bachelor of science degree from binghamton university and worked as medical technologist for a year before the car business and my wife has a phd in psychology. the car business provided me with a paid off house in southern california, a paid off car, at the ripe old age of 31. all because i provide a service that people need, and myself and my dealer do it better than anyone in my district.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rich, did yall hear about Jim Moran out there?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Rich, did yall hear about Jim Moran out there?
we did.