Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

question about getting a new scion 08 xb

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Default question about getting a new scion 08 xb

was on the scion website and made one up to get the price, the msrp was 23.5 thousand, i went to the dealer here in atlanta pleasentville area and he wanted 25.5. so my question is to you, u think its possable to get it for 21.5? without changing what i want on it? do scion dealers haggle? or are they just straight price. i would a walked out with a scion for 21.5 but that dood was rippin me off.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

23k for WHAT scion???? basically they are no haggle EXEPT if the dealer does discount then they MUST discount every one of them the same..
Old 11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What options are you looking to get?

Last Sunday (during the freaking Patriots and Colts game), I told my wifey not to bother me. I don't know how it happened, but I ended up missing the 2nd half shopping for cars. To make a long story short, we unexpected ended up at the Scion dealer. My wifey used to sell Hondas and Toyotas for a living, so when the sales guy said there's no haggling, she confirmed it was true.

That being said, the base price of the XB is always the same, however, you can buy any options online for cheaper. Instead of paying like $399 for TRD springs at the dealer, you can buy them at TRDSparks.com for like $205 I believe. Also, if you selected the $2K nav option, you could always get an aftermarket Pioneer D3 for half that installed on your car.

As for me, I'm going to buy all the TRD options and install most of them myself. The money I'm saving from deleting the stock nav, I'm investing in a custom nav/audio system. Good luck to you.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM

nav , all the trd stuff except the filter. and the 19's
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by darthquagmire
nav , all the trd stuff except the filter. and the 19's
Right off the bat, you can purchase all those TRD options online and install them yourself, have someone help you, pay someone else, or take them to the dealer. Either way, it will be cheaper. Besides the springs, everything else is pretty easy.

I was very excited about the nav when I first saw it, but the stock nav doesn't allow you to play DVDs while driving, change destinations when you're on route, and is pretty expensive. After doing some research here, I opted to cancel it and get a Pioneer D3. With the D3, I can do all those things for $1K less.

As for the 19s, there are a lot better options and sizes IMO than those rims....
Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

listen to everyone. buy online and save a lot.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The difference in price was the cost of installing the options. The prices quoted on the Scion website are for parts only, before installation.

As all options, except paint and trans, are dealer installed, they can all be purchased elsewhere. There are sources for OEM parts that are cheaper than your local Scion dealer. Also, there are aftermarket alternatives that you may prefer.

There are people on this site that would drive 100 miles for pizza and beer, to help you install your parts. Just ask when you're ready.

Bottom line, buy the base car from the dealer (note, Scion is listed in the Costco auto buy program) and the parts from somewhere else (this includes the spoiler, if you want it.)
Old 11-09-2007, 03:08 AM
SL Member

yeah, buy your after market stuff online, its the way to go
Old 11-09-2007, 04:19 AM

Just got mine a week ago. I didn't think about getting stuff online for less $$. I got the spoiler, 16" rims, carpets, and lighted door sills.

Could you guys list some of the websites that have aftermarket options?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Adamzxb
Just got mine a week ago. I didn't think about getting stuff online for less $$. I got the spoiler, 16" rims, carpets, and lighted door sills.

Could you guys list some of the websites that have aftermarket options?

Thanks.
TRDSPARKS.COM or EBay.COM, Google.COM just list the parts your interested in. Also ScionLife , just look at Features section and hit parts. It has a whole bunch of subcategories just pick what you want.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree do it yourself and make it one of a kind! more pride of ownership and saves a lot of money...
Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM

You gotta remember too....if you buy all that add-on stuff at the time of the sale of the car, you are paying that out during the life of your car loan. Who wants to finance all that extra? Although it is probably cheaper than putting all that on a credit card and paying that out for a long time. But still, better to buy a stock car and add everything after. Just my $.02.