Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

So I got the flashing CEL, VSC, TC & Dealer said...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my work computer doesnt have adobe so i cant save it as a PDF but i printed it out and took a pic of the main engine harness. Im almost off and then ill be home ill PM it to you.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm off of warranty by about a year and 2,000 miles. About a month ago, my xB began having an uneven idle and major loss of power. The dealer said it was the wire harness. I've contacted my local dealer and Scion Customer Care. They've agreed to reduce the cost of the repair to $500. I still think that's too much if this is a known issue that is happening to so many people.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know my car falls under this VIN range for the engine harness... Something I expect down the road... (Isn't that sad?).

I am at 70K and still nothing (knock on wood). I did have my ABS/Trac/ESC lights come on one time, but I cleaned the contacts on the rear speed sensor clips and it went away and never came back. I plan to take more precautions this winter to avoid salt from destroying them more.

Never had the CEL though. Right now I am fighting with the SRS light... Taking to dealer next tuesday to replace the entire airbag harness. $1185 repair. Toyota is covering half (so far, trying to get more) and will cost me $600+tax. Scion Corp is supposed to call em back tomorrow regarding my case and if they will cover even more.

What is with all these dang faulty harnesses in this car? Seriously!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:00 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Probably made in China like everything else now days.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:15 PM

Its crazy tosee how many issues there have been with these XB's. There should be some kind of recall. I just bought this 2008 xb and found issues with these codes P0778, C1201, C1241 with loss of power when taking off and a hesitation when shifting sometimes. The dealer wants to replace the whole wire harness and solenoid b $1687.40. I was thinking of starting with my plugs and coils. Another mechanic said he would diagnose and just replace the shorted wires. I'm sorta ____ed but I need this vehicle.
Anthony
Old 12-21-2014, 07:32 PM

After my 08' XB started running hard the other day, intermittently misfiring, with the Check engine light on, I took it to Auto Zone to read the codes. The VSC off, and traction control lights were also on. This is what came up:

P0353 -Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0351 -Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

A friend of a friend replaced the spark plugs with new iridium plugs and reset the codes. Three days and 150 miles later, all of the same lights reappeared. (VSC off, Engine light, traction control light) However, at the time, it didn't seem to be misfiring or running any differently.

I then took it to Advanced to see what codes would appear. This is what it read:

C0205 - Left front speed sensor
C0210 - Right rear speed sensor
C1201 - Engine control system malfunction
C1238 - Foreign object iis attached on tip of right rear speed sensor
C1241 - Low or high power supply voltage
P0353 - Ignition coil "C" primary/Secondary circuit malfunction

After some research, I found that Toyota was offering a limited Service campaign "B0K" with an expiration of 10/31/2014. I was never notified about this issue. I've received other recall information by mail concerning the power windows, but received nothing concerning this coil replacement campaign.

Am I SOL? It's Sunday and I'm trying to brainstorm ideas before contacting Scion's Customer Service on Monday.

Any help would be appreciated.
Could this be a harness issue?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:09 AM

Default vsc,tc, flashing

Originally Posted by daniinpitt
Could this be a harness issue?
daniinpitt

I ended up having an electrical diagnosis done by a guy that does electrical trouble shooting. He found it to be the transmission internal wire which would have never detected by Toyota, as well as the shift solenoid 2. Once he diagnosed the problem, I took it to a mechanic that only did transmissions. Have not had a problem since. I hope this help. Good luck!