Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Question Tenzo Lowering Springs

http://www.nlmotoring.com/Tenzo-Lowe...-p/tls2408.htm

Ok I have seen and heard all the differences in springs but just came across these Tenzos and I know they are known well for their wheels and high performance parts.... now has anyone used these before...can you please share your thoughts?? even if you have never used these...tell me what you think about them since all I see here are Tanabe,Sprint and Eibach are a main choice over TRD...but have not seen one person mention Tenzo.... now I am still at stock height was looking into getting the Ebiach Sportlines but trying to get all the info I can....

So let me know your thoughts!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I would never trust Tenzo suspension parts on my ride. That's one part of your vehicle you should never cheap out on. Intakes and such are fine but I'd spend the extra cash and get Tanabe, TRD, Eibach, etc for springs.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lol...guess thats why I have not seen anyone talk about them!!
Yeah I decided to go with the sportlines in the near future..thanks for your input man!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:56 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jay Blaze
Lol...guess thats why I have not seen anyone talk about them!!
Yeah I decided to go with the sportlines in the near future..thanks for your input man!
Wise choice, are you purchasing shocks as well? Trust me, you want to do it at the same time. I made that mistake and I was pretty upset when the stock ones blew and I had to take the suspension apart again to replace them.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well I am not gonna lie, Was planning on running stocks just cause I can get a good deal on the springs right now and upgrade later on..... being the main bread winner with 2 kids kinda puts a hold on major mods at a clip man....lol

How long did your stocks last before them going out on you?
Mind you I prob only use my car roughly about 20 miles a day for work and not much more on the weekends....what are my chances of em holding out a bit more? lol
Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jay Blaze
Well I am not gonna lie, Was planning on running stocks just cause I can get a good deal on the springs right now and upgrade later on..... being the main bread winner with 2 kids kinda puts a hold on major mods at a clip man....lol

How long did your stocks last before them going out on you?
Mind you I prob only use my car roughly about 20 miles a day for work and not much more on the weekends....what are my chances of em holding out a bit more? lol
I was on trd springs with stock shocks for about 12k miles and the rears got really really bounce (people riding in my xb even mentioned it). I upgraded to the trds and it was a night and day difference, huge!

If you dont want to spend the money on trds, the tokico blues are you other option. You can buy them individually if money is tight, buy the fronts and then the rears later (the rears are very easy to install).
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would just save up and buy them all at once, save labor, save time, and save troublesome that way, and more effective. I like "do nothing or do them all", yup it's me.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flawlessly
I would just save up and buy them all at once, save labor, save time, and save troublesome that way, and more effective. I like "do nothing or do them all", yup it's me.
Yeah I am gonna just do that.... get the springs in a few weeks save up and get the whole suspension setup: shocks,struts,sway bars, strut bars,camber kits and all..... I will install them come spring time and have her ready for summer!! thanks ya much appreciated! At least I now know which way I am headed with it!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you tend to carry heavy loads and people in your car then I would suggest doing all at once but for me Im usually the only one in my car and have been just fine for 20k miles or so with just lowering springs. I do plan to upgrade the shocks and struts though with either replacements or coilovers.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

How much is the measurement of lowering? on the webiste for NL motoring is 1.0 and 1.7 but on ebay same setup with the f 1.2 and 2.2 whats the difference if their exactly the same springs? and what is a good ideal of lowering measurements