2009 Scion xD won't go into park - Scionlife.com

Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion xD > Scion xD Owner's Lounge > Scion xD Drivetrain & Power
Reload this Page >

2009 Scion xD won't go into park

Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2009 Scion xD won't go into park

Old 11-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Default 2009 Scion xD won't go into park

Has anyone else had a problem with their xD not going into park? Was there an easy fix or is this a transmission problem? The shift cable is fine, but when I try to turn the shift control on the transmission it goes into all gears but park.
I changed the transmission fluid and filter and there did appear to be some large chunks of metal, maybe the size of a bb. I'm able to drive it by cranking in neutral and using the parking/emergency brake. I have reverse adjusted up to park so I can get the key out.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-09-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-11-2017, 01:33 PM
SL Member

Oh, boy, do you have troubles! Large chunks of metal in the fluid are a very, very bad sign. Have you ever accidentally shoved it into park while moving? If yes, then you have ruined your parking pawl inside the transmission. Also, the chunks of metal floating inside have likely damaged other things. You need a rebuild.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.