Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Wiring my Amp and Sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Default Wiring my Amp and Sub

Hello all, I'm new here so sorry in advance for anything that upsets you guys.
A few months ago I got my '08 Scion xD and I must say it's pretty awesome. A little while after that someone offered to sell me a Pioneer sub and amp for only 75 dollars. The sub is 400 watts and the amp 200.
My question is this: What kind of wiring kit I should get? I've been told that I probably need an 8 gauge power wire for the amp but what else do I need in order to wire this thing up properly?
I would really love some advice from you guys.
Thank you in advance!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would go somewhere like crutchfield.com and see what full amp kits they have. You'd need power/ground 8ga would be fine, some speaker wire (16ga is fine for amp to sub box), rca cables (don't buy the cheapest or you may get interference), a remote line (i usually use one 16ga wire cause you'll have alot left over) to tie into the amp turn on for the radio. That's pretty much it. the amp kits from rockford fosgate have always worked well for me. Used kicker in the ex's xd and it worked fine. They should also come with the little connectors so your not sticks raw wire into the amp terminals. Looks cleaner and stays in better.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Erager09
I would go somewhere like crutchfield.com and see what full amp kits they have. You'd need power/ground 8ga would be fine, some speaker wire (16ga is fine for amp to sub box), rca cables (don't buy the cheapest or you may get interference), a remote line (i usually use one 16ga wire cause you'll have alot left over) to tie into the amp turn on for the radio. That's pretty much it. the amp kits from rockford fosgate have always worked well for me. Used kicker in the ex's xd and it worked fine. They should also come with the little connectors so your not sticks raw wire into the amp terminals. Looks cleaner and stays in better.
Awesome, thank you so much.