5 Year Member
SL Member

Try here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ghlight=seibon
Old 09-13-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I emailed Seibon and they said they were releasing a CF hood this month or next. Don't remember and can't find the email either. They said the price was going to be like $500 or something, or at least a site I found that sells Seibon said thats what they were going to charge. :?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
I emailed Seibon and they said they were releasing a CF hood this month or next. Don't remember and can't find the email either. They said the price was going to be like $500 or something, or at least a site I found that sells Seibon said thats what they were going to charge. :?
Thats a little steep, our damn hoods are so small...LOL
Old 09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what I was thinking when they told me the price. Our hoods are half as small as the tCs yet they're around the same price. I don't get it.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seibon should have both items available already as i donated them parts to do the molds from.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I found a site that was selling CF hoods for the xd for $629. I find that a little outrageous since they use about half the material it takes to make other hoods.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The price is high because they think they will sell less quantity. They still have to break even on the mold for the hood. That'll take a few units to accomplish.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well common sense would tell you if the price was a little lower and when I say a little i mean under $400 that more people would buy it. Thats just too much for such a small hood.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry for going back to the supercharger thing... This one's for you Jeff.

You're contact at TRD says that there will be no supercharger for the 2ZR-FE, yet the contact my company has says that R&D has already been done for it and they are looking for 1st or 2nd Quarter 09 release...

The only reason I question it is because when the new Tacoma came out EVERYONE was saying that their contacts at TRD said no supercharger, but we got different info that turned out to be true... Is there any chance that your contact is throwing false info?

Not trying to be a dick man, I'm just gonna try and get in contact with our executive here at Southeast and get him to contact his guy again. Something seems a bit fishy to me, no matter which side its coming from...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DeathMachine

You're contact at TRD says that there will be no supercharger for the 2ZR-FE, yet the contact my company has says that R&D has already been done for it and they are looking for 1st or 2nd Quarter 09 release...

The only reason I question it is because when the new Tacoma came out EVERYONE was saying that their contacts at TRD said no supercharger, but we got different info that turned out to be true... Is there any chance that your contact is throwing false info?

Not trying to be a dick man, I'm just gonna try and get in contact with our executive here at Southeast and get him to contact his guy again. Something seems a bit fishy to me, no matter which side its coming from...
My contact has been with TRD for a while and brought a supercharged Tacoma and a supercharged Sequoia for us to mess around with. He personally comes by every few months for updates.

I'm sure we'll get a solid answer @ the supercharger section during SEMA this year. It's possible there is one in dev, but he's been open about telling me about all sorts of things, including when the xB supercharger was canned and then reinstated (2 different part numbers from that, and a price difference). We can never know what they cannot discuss openly, but I can only go off his prior honesty in these situations.

He's involved in the actual decision making @ TRD too =P Who knows though, we're all usually jerked around until the supposed release dates

I just hope we're both wrong and a miraculous turbocharger kit emerges... LOL
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found a Seibon hood on eBay for 470 i believe with free shipping. You guys should check there
Old 09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xravexboix

My contact has been with TRD for a while and brought a supercharged Tacoma and a supercharged Sequoia for us to mess around with. He personally comes by every few months for updates.

I'm sure we'll get a solid answer @ the supercharger section during SEMA this year. It's possible there is one in dev, but he's been open about telling me about all sorts of things, including when the xB supercharger was canned and then reinstated (2 different part numbers from that, and a price difference). We can never know what they cannot discuss openly, but I can only go off his prior honesty in these situations.

He's involved in the actual decision making @ TRD too =P Who knows though, we're all usually jerked around until the supposed release dates

I would donate my kidney and left ******** for a TRD Turbo option lol
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you sure its the true Seibon CF hood and not some cheap knockoff?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xravexboix

Thanks Jeff! Sorry again if I came off as a jerk I wasn't trying to be...

But you're right, we usually do get jerked around a bit!! And if a turbo kit came out, I'd sell several of my future children to the iPhone slave factory...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Are you sure its the true Seibon CF hood and not some cheap knockoff?
They had photos of the emblem on the hood. So theyd be in big trouble if it wasn't.

In other news, Greddy's parent company Trust went bankrupt but they are still in business. But this is most likely the reason we have no word of their exhaust and most likely being scrapped for several reasons.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yeah Greddy Japan went Bankrupt last week due to owing the banks $60 million...wow thats going to hurt, they do all of the production for Greddy USA, so I wouldnt expect anything from them anytime soon!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://ssuperstore.com
Sales and products inquiries: sales@scionfx.com

http://www.store.revolutionautomotiv...t/cat_138.html
This site has a cool carbon fiber hood and I think window vents.
email: service@revelutionautomotive.com
www.advancedjdmparts.com

http://www.performancepartsandaccess...er2=Scion%20xD
This site has a Billet Grill
Old 09-18-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by usmc7236Ret
http://ssuperstore.com
Sales and products inquiries: sales@scionfx.com

http://www.store.revolutionautomotiv...t/cat_138.html
This site has a cool carbon fiber hood and I think window vents.
email: service@revelutionautomotive.com
www.advancedjdmparts.com

http://www.performancepartsandaccess...er2=Scion%20xD
This site has a Billet Grill
Thats the Extreme Dimensions hood. Good find though, they have it for a good price compared to $630 on some other ones
Old 09-19-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is what I want in order of interest:

1) CAI (I already got a FUJITA sitting on my room to be instaled on the next few days)

2) NST pulley set (Finally on development!!)

3) Header

4) Super Charger that could take the 2ZR to 160-180 WHP

In the event of TRD coming out with a SC, it would be good to have a few months heads up so we could save our $$$.

Exhaust wise... I'm a firm believer of custom set ups. I'm currently running a 2.25" pipe from the first cat back (secondary cat deleted) with a round magnaflow in place of the OE resonator and another one on the back. And I love it.

Suspension wise, I'm already done with some Tein basics.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont forget, companies with existing products for the xD NEED our support. dont have an NST ssk yet? why not?

aftermarket companies need our support, and need knowledgeable folks to help educate those just getting into the scene about products that are available. so whenever we see a 'just bought an xD' thread... its time to sell, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket support! Group Project