10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going to update the parts list tomorrow and maybe add links too
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting thread. I've been hunting around japan for parts for the Ist. funny is there is a lip kit I haven't seen and don not know the name of it. you posted Ohlins for having coilovers for our cars. that's awesome, and who would spend that cash for their xD. really. gotta be realistic at the same time. yeah, it's gonna be hard to find parts for our cars. hey, you failed to mentionRS-R for suspension springs that super slam the car. tuckin tire even. but with how easy it is to build your own short ram intake, why would anyone create $150 and up intakes for our cars? Even Japan has been in deep in the DIY stuff. hell, they even make there own lighting systems that can scroll in the tails and turn signals. on the flipside, I am a bit surprised with teh lack of engine and forced induction options. we have so much untapped power in these engines.

but as one put, crap economy means no extra cash which means DIY. support the internet and you kill the store fronts. and that's whats happening to the electronics industry and why I am now jobless.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for mentioning RS-R. Price is up there since its a new platform and new engine, we've been pretty lucky so far thanks to the aftermarket support of the Yaris as far as suspension.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i cant find rs-r springs for our car anywhere jim, do you have a link?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do a google search for zsp110. thats how I found quite a few jdm trinkets
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/.../blog/5773783/
looks like a coilover kit is out now.

and I'm working on getting that bumper
Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you could get a part number I would probably know someone that can acquire these. I would probably want a set for myself if anything. Im having a hard time navigating that site, it looks more like a users rides site
Old 12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to dig up the website for RSR Japan. google doesn;t produce any results. in the meantime here's a few more dumped xD/Ist's
150G

AWD

Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is also this from TOm's despite it's small. LED domelight
part number 81260-TS001
site-> http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/simple/p...erior_led.html

here is another site while searching for stuff
http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/...tem=zsp110&f=A.
edit what you don't want

heres the coils
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/carshop/10289030/
TRD gascap

PIAA rear wiper

best thing for the car right. Pivot throttle control. TOm's also makes on with more control and more money

pics won't link
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How would you guys feel about a carbon fiber rear lip spoiler?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that would be awesome!
x2 if you were to design some sort of diffuser to it also :D
Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phreak

isn't there anything a little more cutting edge that can be done? in Japan, there are crystal domelight lenses(not for our cars tho), LED lightbulbs up the yingyang for any car and in a plethora of different designs, there is a different non-TRD lip kit for the Ist. how about a little more boxy wing like I have on my xB? how about exhaust systems NOT consisting of a grapefruit shooter? how about different grills that AREN'T billet? all that stuff is so passe.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks jdmjim!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
Originally Posted by phreak

isn't there anything a little more cutting edge that can be done? in Japan, there are crystal domelight lenses(not for our cars tho), LED lightbulbs up the yingyang for any car and in a plethora of different designs, there is a different non-TRD lip kit for the Ist. how about a little more boxy wing like I have on my xB? how about exhaust systems NOT consisting of a grapefruit shooter? how about different grills that AREN'T billet? all that stuff is so passe.
True... but i have to get started with the popular items first that would sell. then maybe I could concentrate on original accessories like you mentioned.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As much as I want to agree Jim, we're really not in the right place to complain if someone wants to offer parts for our car. We really could use the support of these companies so that we can build on that further to get what we want/need in the long run
Old 12-10-2008, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My girlfriend is purchasing a new black xD today, so I could use this car as a measurement/fitment car... Maybe if you could make a list of items that are most demanded for the xD that aren't made yet... that would be cool
Old 12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right Ze, but if we don;t inspire the market, we'll just keep getting the same old stuff popular from 2001. I think that's why Japan auto tuning intrigues me. those guys are building scrolling turn signals now. Fathom that
Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea but not all of Japan goods are too sensible i.e. exhaust tips that go as high as the rear windshield lol And i think the law would be ready to whack scrolling tails with their tickets (there were people trying to ban spinner rims a few years back because it scared them when driving lol)

I think most demand stuff would be as follows phreak:

-Body kit that would resemble the Toyota iSt so that people could afford it and get the look they want rather then the +2g to import
-A different variation of the rear spoiler (something smaller then the Scion Optional one)
-Fog lights for the RS1.0 bumper
-Mesh grille (billet is for mustangs )
-More affordable lip kit in comparison to the 5Axxis
-Complete LED styled Tail lamps
-Blacked out Headlights

I definately would like some sort of rear diffuser though :D

People are also still looking for cat-backs if your capable of that also.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any chances of more body kits that do cost over 1g i don't mind paying for. if it's gonna be cheaper I HOPE the fitment is the same as a quality body kit. i'm still in awe why people buy a cheap kit that don't fit. i still can't figure that equation out. save on body kit, spend LOTS more on body work and paint. or spend more on a solid kit, spend less on prep/body work and paint?

ex. this weekend a lady bought knock off kit for her gen1 xb. ok yeah she saved on the kit. but then kit don't fit had to chop um do all the work to make it fit get um painted and the buggah still look like a cheap kit. and i feel she needs to get it reworked again to make it even decent. but that's just me.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look up k-break for exhaust systems, lookin good. how about foglights not only for the RS cuz thats almost TOO specialized.

yeah that Katch!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katchkillah
any chances of more body kits that do cost over 1g i don't mind paying for. if it's gonna be cheaper I HOPE the fitment is the same as a quality body kit. i'm still in awe why people buy a cheap kit that don't fit. i still can't figure that equation out. save on body kit, spend LOTS more on body work and paint. or spend more on a solid kit, spend less on prep/body work and paint?

ex. this weekend a lady bought knock off kit for her gen1 xb. ok yeah she saved on the kit. but then kit don't fit had to chop um do all the work to make it fit get um painted and the buggah still look like a cheap kit. and i feel she needs to get it reworked again to make it even decent. but that's just me.
Oh I know, but if he can build a iSt replica kit for like 1200 over the 2-3g from Toyota Japan OEM, I think you would see a lot of happy people

I say RS because our vents are very limited on what you can do whereas stock bumper, u can remove the vents and go from there and theres also the Optomize kit.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket support! Group Project