Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

What should I demand from the dealer whne my 09 comes in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 AM
SL Member

Default What should I demand from the dealer whne my 09 comes in?

I completed the sale of my evo 8 tonight and my 09 XD is due in, in about a week to a week and a half. im just thinking about what I should make sure the dealer has done or not done to the car before I take possesion. I definitly dont want any dealer id stickers stuck on the back. If they dont put on the badges untill arrival I want those off because I am painting them. I am thinking I still want the protective white stickers on the hood and so forth before I pick it up. They can take those off and wash it after i arrive and check it out. What else are you guys thinking? Any fluids I should want filled or not filled tell I get there? Im just brainstorming? What about minimum miles i should look for. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can probably tell them to leave the car as is when it comes off the trailer. If they put a dealer sticker on the car, chances are they put it on fairly recently so you can pull it right off without damaging much if any paint on the car. Not sure about the fluids since I would think they would fill it up at port instead of the dealership. As far as miles... no more than 10mi or 5mi! If your salesman is a good guy/girl, they should be willing to honor these requests no matter what
Old 07-08-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont forget the plastics on the seats too Hold off on the dealer license plate holders...thats all i can really come up with
Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They might have to remove the white covers to inspect for any damage that might have occured underneath them-covering their own butts as well as yours ( I saw a car arrive at a dealer once and the hood had rusty looking spots and the paint was questionable all over it). Theymight also have to apply a wax or something (some dealers put there own on-also for their protection)

Make sure there are no strange odors and run the AC before you drive it off the lot (checking for weird smells as well)

Fluids should be checked and the license plate frames can be left off. They might be reluctant to leave the dealer sticker off-you might have to work them a little to make sure they don't.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 AM
RRR

Get to the car BEFORE the dealer installs their stupid licence plate frames. Most dealers drill directly into the front plastic with self tapping screws and this happens as soon as the cars come off the truck!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:52 AM

If any dealer gives you trouble removing (or not installing) dealer stickers or logos, ask them how much they are willing to pay you to advertise their dealership. I've never had a problem with getting the sticker removed--including one occasion many, many years ago when I made them fill in holes and paint.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: What should I demand from the dealer whne my 09 comes in

You shouldn't "demand" anything...

Matter of fact, maybe you should apologize once you take delivery - you sound like a real PITA for the dealer.

Originally Posted by kcxd
I completed the sale of my evo 8 tonight and my 09 XD is due in, in about a week to a week and a half. im just thinking about what I should make sure the dealer has done or not done to the car before I take possesion. I definitly dont want any dealer id stickers stuck on the back. If they dont put on the badges untill arrival I want those off because I am painting them. I am thinking I still want the protective white stickers on the hood and so forth before I pick it up. They can take those off and wash it after i arrive and check it out. What else are you guys thinking? Any fluids I should want filled or not filled tell I get there? Im just brainstorming? What about minimum miles i should look for. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
SL Member

Wow, i hope you got a good nights sleep I think you could use it. Its my car and its my right to have it in any condition that i deem reasonable when i take over the car and give them cash for it. If I want a broken rear window or a car that is clean and well inspected I will have it as a paying customer. Thanks for your input, in the future save your time and dont reply.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i love scion and all but y did u trade in an evo8 for a xd? was it gas prices?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
SL Member

Just the overall costs of driving an evo are expensive. Its got 60k miles on it and its starting to show its Mitsu heritage. A big part of it is gas prices. It takes 91 grade fuel and it gets about 20mpg. I know the epa lists something higher than that but the only way you can hit that mpg is if you stay under 2k rpm's and out of the turbo. In otherwords its impossible to do. I also have a 2 year old daughter and its probably time to get something a bit more family oriented. Its a little odd driving her and my wife to dinner in a modded evo 8. My wife drives an explorer limeted so we try not to use that for long drives very often. The dealer is going to give me the xd and about 4k in cash to walk away with and cash in hand is never a bad thing to have. So I will leave the lot with a brand new paid off vehicle and 4k in cash. Sounded like a good deal to me.

I completly understand how you could feel this way about exchanging and evo for an xd. They are not even close to the same class of car. However, I have had s2k's and now this evo for years. Im ready to drive something a bit more "normal" and not have to deal with all the extra costs (insurance, personal prop tax, up keep) that goes along with a specialty vehicle.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ i know exactly where ur coming from bro no biggie evo is a great car but after so many miles it shows the mitsu way of life lol Xd is a great car congrats and welcum to the scion life lol
Old 07-12-2008, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealer support-after the sale for those first 36,000 miles make sure they check what they are supposed to without any bogus charges.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:05 AM
SL Member

He has already dropped the 85 paper processing fees and i got them to extend the 08 250 dollar deduction onto my 09. Im not sure what you mean by 36k mile dealer support. Any other bogus charges you think I can get them to waive?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was talking about warranty stuff-there are threads all over here where people weren't getting good service due to certain dealers so over the 3 years and 36000 miles just make sure they help you out.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:36 AM
SL Member

kcxd im with you there on the trade in. Dumping my WRX for something more practical and reliable and efficient. I havnt purchased yet cause i cant decide between teh xD, xB or 09 fit. xB has everything i want except the gas mileage. I have been grandpa driving my WRX and getting well over EPA so the xB looks less appealing now. But the xD is just alittle too small for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 AM
SL Member

kcxd-I don't blame you. I'm coming out of a Corvette and into the XD.

I'll be back in a vette later, but stricktly as a weekender!

The XD will be a work car for me and I needed the mileage, the room and the ease of entry & exit.

As far as dealer stickers and such, there's nothing that really gives them the authority to place thm on the car. It's a standard practice, but one that I despise. Regardless of where I bought it or how much (unless it was a REALLY good deal), then I either have them leave them off, take them off or remove them myself.

I have a bud that will demand it and if they refuse, ask for a reduction for "ad costs." SOB get's it every time!

They put a dealer frame on mine today, but it's coming off tomorrow and my "aged to perfections-old guys' rule" plate is going back on It's been with me for a while now and at 51, dammit! if I want it on there, I'll put it on there!

BTW, don't let the other poster get to you. You have every right to demand certain things as a buyer. I prefer the word "request" but if they fail to comply, it becomes a "demand." Remember, they don't have the only XD in the country;)