i'll gladly take any that you guys don't want... LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
i'll gladly take any that you guys don't want... LOL
Try the Zeta armrest. We are running a sale!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
SL Member

OK, I need someone with this new scion armrest to take a height measurment from some reference point on the center car console, like the top surface next to the E-brake, and let me know how tall it really is, so I can compare the height to my Zeta... if it IS actually 2 or more inches taller, I would seriously consider an even trade with someone who wants a lower armrest WITH storage. I'd be willing to give up the storage space for a more comfortable height armrest for my tall torso (or perhaps short arms??!). Besides, I also have the overhead console option installed on the ceiling, so I got some space up there...

My Zeta is less than 6 months old and is still in perfect condition, mainly 'cause I can't rest my arm on it too good, haha... Instead, I end up leaning my right hand on the edge of the passenger seat all the time, so I keep setting off the damn seat belt/air bag dinger every time I go around a left-hand curve, AacK!

But looking at the photos, it really doesn't look like it is actually any taller than the Zeta, hard to tell... I'll measure mine tonight.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll measure the armrest for you when I get a chance. That should answer that question =P
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 AM
SL Member

OK, for the Zeta, the top of the armrest is just under 12" higher than the top of the stock center console, I measured up from where the 4 blanks are located for panel switches, just to the right of the emergency brake handle.

Measuring up from the rear passenger floor behind the armrest, the height is almost 20"... so now I'll be interested in the measurements for the new scion armrest....
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is taller as once agian its the same as the YARIS. im reminded by this EVERY morning when i get into car and slam my arm onto new ZETA one.....
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 AM
SL Member

Well, I need to know HOW much taller, because the Zeta is about two (or even 3) inches too short for me, so I'm looking for a taller armrest... even though I'm only 5' 9", I have a very tall torso - a long distance from my ___ to my head (or from cheek to cheek, so to speak, LOL!)... the top of my head all but touches the ceiling in my xD, only about a 1/4"clearance...

I guess you could say I have a "low" center of gravity - don't need no lowering springs on me, or I'd scrape...

Wait - you're confusing me now - you're saying the ZETA is taller than the new xD/Yaris armrest, Rockland?? was that a typo, or am I reading your statement wrong? Slam your arm on the ZETA??

BTW, if you're buying a new xD don't bother to get the overhead console option - It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be - I slam my head on THAT everytime I get in the car...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cylon_xD
Wait - you're confusing me now - you're saying the ZETA is taller than the new xD/Yaris armrest, Rockland?? was that a typo, or am I reading your statement wrong? Slam your arm on the ZETA??
i used to have the toyota armrest and its about 2-3 inches taller than the zeta one. the lack of height with the ZETA makes my elbow slam into armrest every morning....
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ROCKLANDTOYOTA
i used to have the toyota armrest and its about 2-3 inches taller than the zeta one. the lack of height with the ZETA makes my elbow slam into armrest every morning....
Why would you "Slam" your arm with the shorter armrest???
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM

I would think u would slam ur elbow on the taller one?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
SL Member

yes, that is what is confusing me as well - maybe he means when he goes to lean his arm on the Zeta, he forgets it's shorter than the Scion armrest, so his elbow falls and slams DOWN onto the top of the Zeta???

Well, if the scion armrest is that much taller than the Zeta, then I'll probably want one, and am up for a trade with someone who is not happy with theirs... I need that extra height... I'd still like a measurement for the Scion armrest from someone, like I did in my post up the thread a bit, and I would like to see a couple photos of the arm installed, both in the down and the up position, and maybe even from the backseat, just to see what it looks like installed. But I'm not as interested in looks as I am in comfort for myself...

Any takers?? I need to do this REAL soon though, the first Scion shows my car will be entering are coming up quick, on March 22 and 29, so I want to have an armrest of some kind in my car for the shows... and I really don't want to have to buy a scion armrest and then try to sell sell the Zeta, because I just got laid off from my job on Friday and now I'm on the verge of financial ruins...
Old 03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he means when he goes to lean his arm on the Zeta, he forgets it's shorter than the Scion armrest, so his elbow falls and slams DOWN onto the top of the Zeta!!!!
EXACTLEY....
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hobojon
I got the zeta center console for my scion. It's a piece of crap. I didn't call it an armrest because unless you move your seat all the way back and lean to the right it can't be used as an armrest. The latch for the lid is real cheesy, as well as the hinge. You have to carefully center the lid with the console as you close it so it latches straight and not offset.
So if you have to drive with the seat moved forward at all, you must be pretty darn tiny...

Well it is my wifes car, she isn't a giant freak of nature. The Scions' are obviously meant for women.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scions' are obviously meant for women.
Obviously.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
SL Member

Obviously I'm a giant freak of nature sissy...

anyway, back on topic: I haven't heard form anyone who was unhappy with their Scion Armrest and was intersted in a swap with my Zeta, I wanted the extra height the scion armrest gives... The local Scion shows are starting next weekend, so its too late to do a swap now... So I guess I will just wait until I find a job and just buy one outright. I am totally happy with the Zeta armrest/console except for the height issue, so I'll be fine using the Zeta for the forseeable future. I think it is a pretty good product, despite the previous negative comments. 'nuff said.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 PM
SL Member

Hmm, yeah, I agree, Big Jim. Above post self-edited to keep the thread on track. Go Zeta!

lol, I really am a nice guy... don't let me fool you!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A friend of mine ordered the Zeta side trim for her XD. The box says that it is actually for a Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I guess they are the same length so they are being sold as XD trim? Anyway, she never installed them because she has no ideal where, height wise,to place them. The advertisement said they would come with "complete installation instructions". She expected a template or if nothing else a piece of paper indicating which line on the car to measure from, along with the measurements to use.

I like the XD or I wouldn't have bought one for my wife. It has to have the roughest ride suspension wise that I have ever experienced in a car though. I bought the car mainly because of it's exceptional reliability ratings. Hopefully the suspension doesn't beat the car to death before the engine/transmission fails.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A friend of mine ordered the Zeta side trim for her XD. The box says that it is actually for a Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I guess they are the same length so they are being sold as XD trim? Anyway, she never installed them because she has no ideal where, height wise,to place them. The advertisement said they would come with "complete installation instructions". She expected a template or if nothing else a piece of paper indicating which line on the car to measure from, along with the measurement to use.
Are you sure about the packaging for a Dakota???? That is strange. If there is a problem, your friend should call. There are no templates. You are supposed to mark lines up from the bottom of the door to get your reference points.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Below are the instructions that should have been included with the molding. Hope this helps...

Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
SL Member

Is that Zeta molding black or color-matched? Anyone got pics of an xD with it installed?

Quick Reply: xd armrest on scion website!!!