Notices
tC G2 Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC G2

DIY Permanent, NON paper, door rattle fix.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The road kill box I bought was 75 bucks free shipping bulk pack

Also, you need to but cutting sheers from lowes to cut it up, it's heavy duty stuff (15 bucks) and a roller thing, cost 2 bucks. It's a handle with a roller so when you lay deadener down you can roll it firmly to seat it. Sorry guys that I deleted the pics, when I posted everything no one had interest a few months ago so I just wiped the pics and thread :/
Old 11-19-2013, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DIY Permanent, NON paper, door rattle fix.

Oh wow, some old pics. Ok this is (before I applied ensolite as final layer, basically, after I did this, noise was reduced but only a bit. Then I bought ensolite, I traced and cut the entire door outline (when you open door, and see door panel on door) I traced it so that the ensolite was identical to the door panel,

I put 2 layers of that. Took awhile but looked legit overtop of this. And the plastic door panel when I put back on door sat on the ensolite so a nice cushy mate to door

I covered all the silver in wheel wells etc, I did entire trunk as well with sound deadener and also laid a later on ensolite over the deadener. Can take pics of that sometime as easy access.

Put floor carpet and deadened and insolited as well. Found these few pics in photobucjet that I missed deleting hope it gives an idea, the inside if door you can't see because well, it's covered but the outside skin (metal inside that connects to metal facing outwRd of car) is layered

Btw I've typed all of these messages via iphone. >.> I honestly didn't feel like it but you guys asked for it

Edit

In the pics of door panel, you can see the caper barrier open, I simply made a cut and pulled the pieces back so I could stick deadener inside door, when I was completely done, I simply brought the vapor lock back together and taped it up. I don't have a pic of when I was done. These were my first attempt progress, the point of leaving vapor lock there with tape was, if something broke and needed back in there, I could simply take a razor and cut the plastic:tape go fix, then retake:redo the vapor lock

That's just me tho
[attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach]
Old 04-17-2014, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

where are the pics ??
Old 04-18-2014, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alex_sciontc
where are the pics ??
Pic links must've broken... I'm printing this out today (without pics since there are none) and giving it to my dealership because they're supposed to do this for me today.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2015, 01:28 AM

Think you could send me the pics through PM? I'd love to do this, but I can't see the pictures on my browser for some reason
Old 11-04-2015, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Pics are gone

Pics of the thread are gone, can you please put re-upload them please.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member

Can you re upload the pics they are no longer available and i really need to fix this lol
Old 11-12-2016, 06:48 PM

Default Door Rattle Fix

I am the owner of a 2016 Scion tc

I have completely fixed the door rattle with foam tape if anyone would like me to post pics I would be down to help
Old 11-25-2016, 06:43 PM

Yeah, I did this foam fix a few days ago, uploaded a crappy video, but here it is:
99% fixed the problem.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member

All the photo's are dead ;__;
Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Voeltz
Yeah, I did this foam fix a few days ago, uploaded a crappy video, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtOLWZHjso 99% fixed the problem.
Hey, I just did this as well but used drawer liner instead of foam and it worked like a charm!

One more thing I did - the driver's side panel has 3 silver screws holding the main switches to the panel. I put some drawer liner between the two pieces of plastic that meet under the screw to give it some more vibration dampening and the rattles are practically gone.