tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

LED Install (Cupholders / Door Handles)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

ok i got a question...how would you add a wire to go through door into the car?
i'm trying to do this but can't figure out where to route the wire.
thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

when you have the door panel off and the door open you can see the stock wiring "tube" that the stock wires go through, you can reach up from the inside of the car, feel for where the wires are going into it and with a straightened hangar or something like that you can feed it through the tube with the new wire attached to it.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:22 AM

ok i want to do the exact same thing but minus the door handle and put them in the door storage.
but i have a question maybe one of your genius' can answer.
i currently have installed 4 LED tubes. one under each front seat, one under driver dash, and one under pass dash, i did myself. very hidden and still bright. i have the power ran through firewall hooked up to battery with a 5 amp fuse i put in the wire(don't know if it will help anything but did it). there is a remote that i have to push and turn them on and cycle through the colors and what not.

well my question is..is there a way to hook up the cup holder, a/c vent, and door single LED'S to that set up so that they turn on with my LED tubes? basically i don't want switches installed all over my dashboard. not dissing your set up i like it..but i just don't want it.

??? anybody have an answer for thatt??
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the door handle LED install thx for this one !!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM

I just installed one LED today in my cup holder. The tutorial was somewhat helpful.. haha had to figure alot out on my own tho. Anyways... I stuck a single bulb on the very back of the cup holder facing the dash and it turned out very well. I bought a metal LED holder from Radioshack cuz the da** plastic ones that came with the pep boys LED sucks (Yes.... i wasted 8 bucks on 3 LEDs at pep boys too..). The one LED is more than enough for the two cupholders and even lights up two water bottles nice and bright. No need for more than one LED in my opinion. I'm going to do the vents once i get some time and ill take pics. I do however have one question... I tapped into the little center compartment light that goes on with the headlights, but i did not add any fuses or resistors. I just simply tapped the positive and ran the negative to a ground.

Do I need a fuse or resistor for it?? I'm new to this wiring stuff.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 PM

*Update*
So today my electronics were starting to scare me a little... My power windows took several seconds before they started working, same with my sunroof. Does this have to do with me disconnecting the battery during install? It seemed as if it just had to calibrate itself before it started working again. Or did i do something wrong....
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

seems easy, I think i might just do it next week