Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by robstamina
Originally Posted by KCTTC
Here are a few pics of my install.

Jeremy
did the jack styrofoam holder get dremeled? or did it just fit..

also what do you think of it now that it is installed?
There are alot of people that said this would not be worth it or "I will wait to see what others say". Well you can hate all you want but this made a huge difference.

Jeremy
Old 06-06-2006, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to install my brace as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Should be there ready and waiting.

Did you have to jack up your car to get to the bolt? I might be making a trip to my parents to use the 2-ton jack, and so I can block the wheels...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to install my brace as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Should be there ready and waiting.

Did you have to jack up your car to get to the bolt? I might be making a trip to my parents to use the 2-ton jack, and so I can block the wheels...
You do not need to jack the car up if you do not want to.. it is easy to get to that rear section just going under the car...basically all you need is another person to hold a wrench while you tighten 2 nuts below...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Revilo
yes... i know that (sway bar). i mean it would take the place of the MMW Rear strut bar or the GReddy one. my question was... if installing this rear tower brace, the rear strut bar would not be needed any more?
it bolts in the same as other rear strut bars.. this one is way "beefier" cause it is a 4 point as opposed to the traditional 2 point..so no you can't attach another bar since it goes in the same place..

Ingalls developed a 2 point also in r&d but there was a HUGE difference in handling compared to the 4 point we actually went to production with..
Old 06-06-2006, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

nice write up Kaeon, should help a few ppl on here out

if you have a dremel with small sanding pads, i rec. using that, or if your dremel can get a drill bit in, use that. makes the job MUCH easier

use eye protection as sparks will fly!!!

the difference in putting this shock tower brace on as opposed to my rear strut bar
is as clear as night-day. the brace holds the rear end pretty stiff, did not feel any rear-end wobble (as of yet)
i am hitting corners a tad faster and im able to hold them deeper in the corner too, no need to duck out early

very nice product, i rec. to those looking for a good, inexpensive suspension mod
can't wait to test it out on road course shortly
Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I hate to say this.. but that looks cheap as hell. Square tubing? You know there is maybe 3 dollars in that part. If it came in a nice round tube I think it would look better. I am not a person to put down a part but that looks really really cheap. It looks like a home made peice. Not a peice from such a well known company.
Great write up though. I do not want to knock that at all. Cause it is guys like you that make the rest of our worlds easier by being able to follow the easy to install parts. GREAT WRITE UP.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i agree great write up...but bro...are you really worried about what its gonna look like when your spare tire and other stuff goes back in the trunk? i mean if the part works then it works....doesnt matter how pretty it is when it's hiding...
Old 06-06-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

having no interior helps
Old 06-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by NCBIGGJ
I hate to say this.. but that looks cheap as hell. Square tubing? You know there is maybe 3 dollars in that part. If it came in a nice round tube I think it would look better. I am not a person to put down a part but that looks really really cheap. It looks like a home made peice. Not a peice from such a well known company.
Great write up though. I do not want to knock that at all. Cause it is guys like you that make the rest of our worlds easier by being able to follow the easy to install parts. GREAT WRITE UP.
The finish is actually a speckled dimpled silver with black and white --- pretty slick if you ask me, and the quality of the overall finish up close is apparent. By the way, If you really can make these for $3 -- go ahead and call me up, Ill buy 100. ;)

Tai
Old 06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

i actually like the finish, glad its not silver or plain black,etc.

almost is camo'd with my eDead in the back
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So can you have this installed as well as a rear sway bar?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

uh, yeah

rear sway bar, under car
shock tower brace, above car
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok thats what I thought. Was just making sure since it was 4 point and all.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

you wont have a problem
Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionBandit

if you have a dremel with small sanding pads, i rec. using that, or if your dremel can get a drill bit in, use that. makes the job MUCH easier

the difference in putting this shock tower brace on as opposed to my rear strut bar
is as clear as night-day. the brace holds the rear end pretty stiff, did not feel any rear-end wobble (as of yet)
i am hitting corners a tad faster and im able to hold them deeper in the corner too, no need to duck out early

very nice product, i rec. to those looking for a good, inexpensive suspension mod
watch out using a dremel!! The only issue using a dremel is that you could make the hole too big..(seen it happen b4)

glad you liked the product...and you were the biggest skeptic of it in the other thread..lol

never heard back from your guy from your dealership...

are you running the damper also on your car?

Also give us a status report of what you think of the handeling on the road course..

What did you do about relocating the jack?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by robstamina
Originally Posted by ScionBandit

watch out using a dremel!! The only issue using a dremel is that you could make the hole too big..(seen it happen b4)

glad you liked the product...and you were the biggest skeptic of it in the other thread..lol

never heard back from your guy from your dealership...

are you running the damper also on your car?

Also give us a status report of what you think of the handeling on the road course..

What did you do about relocating the jack?
1.) im an expert with the Dremel, so no worries
2.)i switched over to Subaru service now, but I am still hounding the parts manager about setting an account
3.) i will give a status report on the road course, but i am not going until my
clutch/flywheel/LSD is in
4.)I have no rear interior, rear passenger panels are coming out next week

and no i do not have the damper. i HAD the weapon-r when it first came out, but i demolished that, just waiting on my motor mounts from ZPI ( )
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NCBIGGJ
we tried to use a bracket system with a round tube design and it didn't work as well as the solid piece..

in regards to it looking cheap..
we wanted to keep cost down especailly on a product that isn't going to be visible so making in plated chrome and all iced out would transfer cost..

also 10' of steel sqaure tubing is pretty pricey...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Rob.. how thick is the metal that is used? I am just curious cause you can tell the end is a stamped process where the rear bolts go through.
Dont get me wrong Im not saying this is nt a good peice to buy. Im just saying that it looks inexpensive. I should not have used Cheap. I do understand that alot of people are going to be using this in there car and under factory peices. So the "bling" factor does not need to be there. Once again I am not saying it does not work at all. Im glad to see someone going the extra mile to make these parts.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The color of the bar goes well with my Edead V3 in black. I just need to take it to a local audio place and have them cut up the inserts so I can fit them back in
Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The finish on the bar is nice, I would have prefered it black like the original design but everyone will want something different im going to throw some paint on mine and all will be well..

Quick Reply: Strut Brace Install (Rear, Ingalls)