Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

is the rsx really that much nicer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 PM

I wouldn't brag about the Mazda 6 unless its the MazdaSpeed 6.
Mustang? Ha! a 200hp car can beat the V6 and GT. Reliability sucks, exterior is ugly, interior is cheaper than a cobalt, weighs as much as two elephants and last but not least u can't beat the 100hp per litre N/A.
Magnum <== Yeah GM is going downhill I wonder why.
WRX is at 24K i believe...insurance can be pretty ouchie. Nonetheless it has a T/C stock.
FJ Cruiser...yeah read above
Old 01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got an 06 TC, and my cousin has an 05 RSX-S... I would think that the RSX is a nicer car, but then again he paid about $6k more than i did!!! The RSX is nice, but i also love my TC, and for the price that i paid i wouldn't think twice about getting an RSX rather than the TC. Another thing is you really can't compare them, because there will always be that price range that any TC owner could say "I'll just throw in a Turbo, and I'm Faster!"... So in my opinion NO the RSX-S is not that much nicer than the TC. But both are very nice cars!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM

If you wanna compare the tc with an rsx compare the base models forboth cars =D.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In that case i have never driven a base model, but i have a friend that owns one... We have run a couple times but really he never wants to run and i don’t blame him. He is pushing 155bhp, and 139tq stock! So in power he's not even close, i like the RSX body style about as much as i do the TC, and the interior i would take the TC in a heart-beat!!! SO in my opinion The TC is better than the base model RSX. Simply put the TC is between the base RSX and the TYPE-S, when all the cars are stock!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having rode in/drove both cars, I would say the tC is a better car all said and done. The quality of the cars isn't so drastically different, but with the Acura, you pay the "Honda premium".

I had an 03 civic, which was no better than a corolla, but cost a good $4K more. I wish I had gotten a 5-speed Corolla S, I would probably still be driving it, and it would be paid off already.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Acura's are over priced, straight up. When I was searching for my car 02 RSX-Type S (as I'll deal with nothing esle) were still 22k, and that was in 05. This is while I was in San Diego (Honda/Acura Capital) so insurance would have been out the 'a'. The only thing I can remember like on the Type S nore than the tC was the 6spd and the Bose system. But I got my eD system (which I'm totally happy with), so all I'm missing is a 6spd. But I'll save that for the Z.

Plus the tC engine is bigger. So in my book; looking at the overall pic, not just performance, tC>Type S.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 PM

lol i never liked the older civic models until i saw the new one. And truthfully, corolla's are just blah i wouldn't even think of owning one with the old 4spd auto...
On a run I did w/my friend who was driving my mom's 06 sedan I was pretty evenw ith him. Probably was vtec + power to weight ratio since our cars have 160 bhp/tq while civic's have 140bhp and 120torque? Nonetheless, a stock base model civic are pretty even with us whether you want to believe it or not. On paper we win, not on the road I'm sorry. The interior i only have pics of my mom's car interior since shebought it more than 7 months ago and no camera as of now ...poop...
but yes a base dx model starts at 14K and it weighs hmm 25xx while ours weighs at 29xx. Even on MPG they get 40mpg combined while we don't...sux sux
Quality they're both the same. Interior wise they're different styles for sure.
But this topic is with the rsx and the rsx is definetly a quick little car that weighs like nothing. The lack high hp at high rpms make up for the lack of torque but then again most people look for high torque at low rpms.
but blah either way the type-s wins hands down.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:04 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by NYCsciontc
either way the type-s wins hands down.
I feel like that's a matter of opnion though. Depends on what you're looking for. For 23K it should be. Shoot for 20k the RSX should be better. But don't get me wrong they're all great quality cars.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:14 PM

haha yes that's true
also, acura's are luxury models so yeah it's a matter of opinnion
Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, I think someone should've bought an RSX instead of a TC. I'll pass on one, though. Most consumers don't even care for HP rating or in this case HondaPower rating. They just want a car that fits their style, cause' if the RSX-S was really all that then everyone and their momma would have one. Scion/Toyota has prolly sold more TCs than Honda has with the RSX.

But for 22k, I'll rather get a used car with low mileage. G35, Evo, STi, BMW 3 series and Porsche Boxster S just to name a few. I'm sure the RSX don't belong in the same category as those cars. Oh well, Honda FTW!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:23 PM

lol hush i wanted the si but i was getting raped on insurance...
man the only thing i hate about non-honda/toyota cars is the resale value...it sux monkey butt
Old 01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by stillmatic
Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
RSX Type-S is teh best car sub 25K in my book. Hand down, no competition.
I'd get a WRX, FJ Cruiser, Mazda 6, Mustang, Charger, Magnum and many more before I buy an RSX-S.
thats a wide range of cars - from SUVs to 4 door sedans to 2 door sports cars lol I get the point though. I just wound't buy the rsx(s) b/c of the looks...I cant get past it.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^It's usually hard when you don't like the outside^^

I can't stand the front of STi's but they're awesome perfroming cars, nonetheless. So I feel ya.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yea, I agree with you. I don't like the look of the sti much either. I personally would prefer an evo (based on looks). The sti is a much better car though and much safer as well. I'm hooked on my 350Z the second I can afford one....
Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

HAHA, I thought about that as my other car with my reenlistment bonus; but decided I didn't want two stick shift cars. So now I'm goign to wait until I pay off the tC, then I'll get a Titan. Actually I was intially going to get a Z as my first car, but since I had just gotten my license insurance would have killed me by beating me with a rotten hot dog. LOL.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

lol, I hear ya. you have a few years on me anyway. I'm still an up and comer! but hey, i'll get there!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatcyclist
Having rode in/drove both cars, I would say the tC is a better car all said and done. The quality of the cars isn't so drastically different, but with the Acura, you pay the "Honda premium".
as far as quality is concerned, my bro's car is 2 years older then mine and he still doesnt have rattles like my tC
Old 01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I drive an rsx type s on a fiarly regular basis, one of the guys I work with owns it, he got every option the offered in 04, like different styling, he also added 19's and swapped heads and tails, I like it alot, just a few things I would do to his to make it better, all cosmetic, I would never trade my b for one, but I like how it rides/drives, very nice car, I'd almost consider it a luxury car
Old 01-28-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm, what about stay'n in the family. Celica. RSX's look too tall, too bubblly and ride too high over the wheels. Celicas are sleeker, lower. Performance wise, Celicas and RSX's are for the most part even. I'd choose a Cellie, which I did. And, between a tC and a RSX I'd choose the tC. tC's are better look'n, cheaper, compairable with performance, and toyota. Ya can't beat Acra dealer service tho.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:20 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
I like the rsx-s interior. I happen to think its a hideous car (exterior). You all can yell at me for saying so, but its an opinion so let it be. The non type-s is worthless, the type-s is fairly decent performance car. Not that much more than the tC to make it worth the extra money IMO. Plus, the low end torque always bothers me on any honda/acura
i also think the tc's exterior is much much nicer. honda has a reputation of designing boxy/chunky cars recently and the rsx couldn't be a better example of that. plus im sure with the tC's optional supercharger it would b able to keep up with a type s rsx right?

Quick Reply: is the rsx really that much nicer?