Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

So... page 12 happened. (NEW PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
So regardless of which I end up choosing... when is a good time to try to get pre approval for a loan?

For example, would this week be too soon to try to get preapproved if I were to put a deposit down on an order next week or the week after? And even then it would have to be ordered and I probably wouldn't have the car for at least another month? Is that too soon?

When I got my tC, I basically went to the dealer and said "i'll take it" and had done no real leg work beforehand. I want to make this as easy as possible... including the financing. I'm planning on talking to my credit union first (or at least trying them for preapproval first) and then also see what the dealer's credit union can do.

So is it worth it to start doing that part now even though I might have to wait a while before I even see the car?
There is usually a 4-6 week wait for a WRX and they won't do a single thing for you unless you give them money. The GTI will be easy to find, since dealers are flooded with them, so that'll be the same process as the tC. Walk in, say I want this one, begin process. For the WRX, the dealer will try to either locate one for you (they will ALWAYS push for this) or you can order one to your specific needs. You'll put a few hundred down, they'll try to locate/order one, then when they get it, you do the finance/trade in crap.

Btw, part out your tC before. I know you probably know this, but dealers don't care about aftermarket parts, and to most dealers, they'll actually offer much less for the trade-in.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
WRX != Legacy GT.
TRU STORY!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, I've already started taking some stuff off the tC. Have an OEM intake coming, bought a plastic engine cover to try to "hide" my orange valve cover. Will be swapping seats out in another week or two... etc etc.

I have no problem putting the deposit down - but no matter what I'm ordering, I'm specifically asking for a 2011 model... so it'll likely take a while anyway. I'm just wondering if its too soon to make sure I can get the loan.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't even think you can order a 2010 WRX anymore anyway. Sucks, the widebody sucks, it's too gaudy and tacky IMO.

Last edited by CarbonXe; 07-20-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha.. that's most of the reason I want the 2011... for the body style.

I just don't think the current gen has as much "character" ... plus the wider track, wider (lighter) wheels, wider tires... all good things. Not that I'd really notice the slight differences, but they're there.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The wider wheels is the only thing I'd want out of it, but even then, it's useless for me. My stock wheels are my winter wheels and the wider the tire in snow, the worse they are.

I like the widebody, but when I saw it at the NYIAS on the WRX, it just looked weird, the back especially. It's like they just smacked on the wider fenders and didn't bother making it wider in the back, so it tapers in really fast, it just looked odd. :shrug:
Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

You've never driven a WRX, stop talking like you know what you're talking about. WRX != Legacy GT.
umm hey professional expert I have many many times... and way before you got on their bandwagon.... just in case you did not know it has same motor except a few minor changes
ours has some performance work done to it...and has no problems running with a WRX
just to review it is a legacy GT 2.5 limited...look it up
Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So my bank is willing to give me money... suckers. Though I suppose I'm the sucker b/c they'd really like me to have a cosigner (four years ago my credit sucked bigtime.. still rebuilding).

Without a cosigner, they would (hesitantly, I think) do 66 mo at 8.14%.

If I get a cosigner, they said they'd be happy to do around 3.5%.

Gee... what to do.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

co signer and or shop the dealers financing...make them fight for the deal
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
umm hey professional expert I have many many times... and way before you got on their bandwagon.... just in case you did not know it has same motor except a few minor changes
ours has some performance work done to it...and has no problems running with a WRX
just to review it is a legacy GT 2.5 limited...look it up
I'm not even going to bother, you'll just end up banning me again.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
co signer and or shop the dealers financing...make them fight for the deal
I'm figuring just try to get the cosigner. I highly doubt the dealers financing is going to be even close to that rate with just myself... frankly I was surprised they'd give me 8% without a cosign.

I will probably just go through my bank in this case... saves hassle at the dealer anyway. Plus they will basically give me a blank check that I can use up to the pre-approved amount so I can go buy anytime - whether they're open or not.

Does suck being nearly 30 and still needing a cosigner to get a car. When I got my tC my credit wasn't great either, but the college grad program locked in a good rate for that time.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

How much are you putting down/is your trade-in worth?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my F150 recently and got a better deal from a bank i have never dealt with than my own bank who i have insurance through. I got almost 2% less apr and approved for more money. I dont know how loans get done but if you can get one from and out of state bank try Suntrust!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats does suck! I got the tC and my F150 under my name alone and i am 25. Not sure how that happened! I am surprised my loans are at 6.85 on the tC and 6.5 on the truck. I dont make that much money.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Shop around for the loan. Subaru got me 2.9%, and I was 23 at the time with another car loan under my name.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem is my credit score blows. I may still have the dealer run it under just my name... but if I can get the 3.5%, that's a huge drop.

That aside... most of the sites I've checked have said my tC is worth anywhere from $5500 to $7000. So I'm expecting like $5k.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I'm not even going to bother, you'll just end up banning me again.
LOL naaahhhh
Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At the moment I have $1400 in the bank towards this new automobile. I may end up making a decision of some sort this weekend. Depends. I'm going to find out about a cosigner soon.

And the time from order to delivery should give me plenty of time to save up a bit more $$ for down payment to go along with my trade. I'd like to have over $2k cash to go with my car, but we'll see.

I'm half-expecting a bonus from work soon for helping on a project (all of my traveling recently) but don't know when/if I might get that. Wish I would know soon so I could use it for this, but will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
I'm half-expecting a bonus from work soon for helping on a project (all of my traveling recently) but don't know when/if I might get that. Wish I would know soon so I could use it for this, but will have to wait and see what happens.
Even if you get it after you buy the car, you can just throw it at the payments and get ahead.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even if you get it after you buy the car, you can just throw it at the payments and get ahead.
Ya, it'll be between that and more of my credit debt for sure.

This sucks being so anxious to get something - but not being able to do anything about it. Even if I were to go to the dealer right this instant, it would be an order that I wouldn't even see for over another month. Grr..

Quick Reply: So... page 12 happened. (NEW PICS)