5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
thats is so hot
Old 11-17-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heel-Toe is easy when you got three legs. HAHA. Its a lot easier on two wheels but I think its called Hand-footing, I could be wrong. Sorry, I'll think of something more constructive and then add it to this post.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

b00b is right
Old 01-09-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCb00b
Heel-Toe is easy when you got three legs. HAHA. Its a lot easier on two wheels but I think its called Hand-footing, I could be wrong. Sorry, I'll think of something more constructive and then add it to this post.
Lol, it wouldn't be called heel n' toe if you have three legs. So, nobody has no pics yet?? I tried it so many times and i just can't get it, a vid would be sooo nice..
Old 01-12-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if i can find away to mount my camera to film the pedals i can do a video for you. Going to need lots of tape for this...
Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

video tape it ... stop talking and do it...

lol jk take your tizzime.. son!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can try watching Initial D. I had trouble heel-toeing with the two sides of my foot. When I saw the anime and actually tried using my heel to hit the gas, it worked!

Basically (for the newbie) try depressing all three pedals at once , down shift, and hit the gas. All three pedals, shift, gas.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lukkytoodye
please please excuse the newb question, i know i know i cant believe it either, but what does using heel toe technique do? Im new to driving, but plan on going to the tracks after a while. Sorry for jacking your thred im not meaning too, just curious. Oh and please if you feel like making an **** outa urself and cuting me down go for it itll catch up to ya, thanks for the help.
iam not too sure if i can completly answer you question...but i from what i know abou heel and toe is that is basically a downshift but with a lil more drama....its used for going around twisty curves and corners ...you hit the break, down shift and right when yours about to exit the corner or curve, you hit the gas....the benefit is that you slow the car around the curve or corner while you are down shifting and you will be in the right gear to accelerate when you are out of the corner/curve....basically when tking on a corner/curve heel and toe helps you to go in like a lamb and come out like a lion out of the corner.....i hope it made sense...if not then your best bet is to go on ebay and order yourself a copy of the Drift Bible.....there should be real good explanitions of it in tha video....n oh yeah bet some better pedles that helps alot...mainly get a longer gas pedel so you dont have to twist your foot too much....have fun heel and toeing.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by the_butcher
video tape it ... stop talking and do it...

lol jk take your tizzime.. son!
Sorry guys, I couldn't get it to work. I tried a couple different ways but none of whcih worked. I taped LEDs to the footwells so you could see the pedals but the tape just wasn't strong enough to hold the camera in place.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol? have someone hold it for u then~
Old 01-14-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

i drive barefoot most of the time. i just slip my shoes under/in front of the seat (depending on what i'm wearing).

try sitting...a little left on your seat and leaning a bit left so you'll stretch out your right leg to heel-toe. maybe your leg won't hit the side then.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ill try making another vid with my mini tri-pod when it warms up a little or when I install my exhaust so you can hear the revs better. Too cold to be messing around in the car now.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blastedat9
try driving barefoot. i learned to heel-toe over the summer, i always wear flip flops and would take them off while driving to avoid getting them caught on the pedal. with no shoes on it came pretty naturally to me. now i can do it in sneakers too.

i dont really use my heel, i put the ball of my right foot on the brake and then twist so that the lower right edge is on the gas. its more the side of the foot than the heel.
Yeah, I learned heel and toe barefooted on my first manual car, a pontiac lemons hatch back... what a pos car but I learned to how to drive manual, rev match and heel toe, and some basic car fixing skills since it broke down every week

anyway, I had a 89 honda prelude before this tC. I've had a lot of fun heel toeing in the prelude. I feel the pedal and seat setup in prelude is much better than tC's for "occational performance" driving. In my tC, I feel the brake pedal is closer to the clutch than to the gas . and then the level difference between the brake and gas pedal is too big. if I want to heel toe with good rev match I either have to work really hard to twist my ankle to barely able to touch the gas, or only when I am braking pretty hard.

also, tC's seating position is too high, making it not as comfortable for me to control the pedals. (not to mention the lack of head room with the high seat)

article with pics on heel toe:
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/how...2/article.html

and if you rent a race or car test video, there should be plenty of video on foot pedal action. at least the japanese videos do.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, that edmund page is old news. If I found that to be useful, I wouldn't ask ppl here. Read carefully at the topic and you'll see it it's hard to heel and toe with tC, not jetta. The leg room is different and that's why i'm having a bit problem. But thanks to the many 'no help" from this forum, I have forced myself to do it and finally being able to do it now, though not smooth.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

i actually got some pedals that have extenesions on gas/brake that help with heel/toe
but drivin barefoot is wut i usually do
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found the opposite to be a lot easier to do. Put your heel on the brake and use your toe to get the gas. Try it, its not too bad. Although I don't go around town rev matching every turn b/c there is no need to.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Skate shoes... I do it with Adio's and Etnies. Its natural for me.