Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Quick and Dirty H.I.D. FAQ For N00bs

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here ya go, http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/
Old 11-27-2010, 03:03 AM

hey guys i had a question, i was looking at the projector lights housing today and was wondering if you can connect an HID kit to them? and where u could possibly put the ballast for them?
Old 11-27-2010, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you talking about oem 08+ projectors or aftermarket projectors? The ballasts you can pretty much mount them anywhere.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman04503
Are you talking about oem 08+ projectors or aftermarket projectors? The ballasts you can pretty much mount them anywhere.
yea i have a 2010 so it's tha oem projectors, can u put the hid's in those?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can put an HID in anything as long as the ballast can connect to the OEM harness, so yes. Low beam is H11.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by dropzone
You can put an HID in anything as long as the ballast can connect to the OEM harness, so yes. Low beam is H11.
ok kool thanx!!, i bought an hid kit for my regular headlights too and wanted the projectors to be the same color. I got the low beams for my regular headlights do both the projectors and regular headlights both have to be low beam kits? i'm hoping i bought the right ones lol
Old 11-29-2010, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regular headlights? High beams you mean? We are speaking of the OEM projector headlights right. The low beam is the projector and is an H11, the high beam is the reflector and is 9005.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by dropzone
Regular headlights? High beams you mean? We are speaking of the OEM projector headlights right. The low beam is the projector and is an H11, the high beam is the reflector and is 9005.
yea the OEM ones i bought the low beam kit already, i thought i could use those for the reflector headlights i didnt know i needed the high beam ones, but it's kool i can just put them in my reflctors first then get the high beams, thanks for clearing that up tho i was kinda confused lol
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Well,
im glad i found this thread before i posted. I have a 2010 tc and got some free brand new HID's. I was trying to read up how they looked with the stock projectors though. Dont want to be blinding any people. I hate it when it happens to me.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:13 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by djshway
Alrighty guys, im having a bit of a problem. I have a set of HID's from MobileHID. At the time when i bought it ( 2008 ), they were one of the best out?

Anyways the problem i've been having for a quite a while is that once a night, at least, one of the lights will go off. What i mean is that sometimes when i try to turn them on, the left one sometimes wont turn on until i turn them off then back on again. OR sometimes when i am driving either the left or right will go off, usually the left. So what i did was email clifford and he sent me another set of ballast. I swapped them out and im still have the same problem. This has been an ongoing problem for the past year and half...

Anybody know what could be the problem? im running 8k with the relay harness. Im thinking maybe its the bulbs? or the relay? or maybe i just need to replace the whole kit?
I have the MobileHID kit as well and mine now (with the cold weather I presume) does not turn on AT ALL. Even after parking my car in my heated garage over night doesn't "fix" the problem....Hm...Not sure what to do as MobileHID no longer sells car kits but just kits for tractors LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 AM

Hey Guys I had A quick Question? I was actually going to go all in and start the retro fit process on my 07 and i was wondering if the 08-10 model headlights would fit and if i would have to re wire the conections?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChrisLilja
I have the MobileHID kit as well and mine now (with the cold weather I presume) does not turn on AT ALL. Even after parking my car in my heated garage over night doesn't "fix" the problem....Hm...Not sure what to do as MobileHID no longer sells car kits but just kits for tractors LOL
One of my MobileHID ballast went bad, I just order a new set from DDM Tuning. $53 shipped,
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rocket326
Hey Guys I had A quick Question? I was actually going to go all in and start the retro fit process on my 07 and i was wondering if the 08-10 model headlights would fit and if i would have to re wire the conections?
Are u going to put 08-10 projector in your 07? that would be a waste.
I installed 08 tc headlight into my 06 tc. All the wires and bulbs fit beside the low beam. I don't need any harness because i installed HID with relay. It gets the power from the battery.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GammaTNT
One of my MobileHID ballast went bad, I just order a new set from DDM Tuning. $53 shipped,
When are you expecting to get yours from DDM? They have alot of back orders. Im planning to get this: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...c2dqggsno5n99p
I'm tired of all the crappy HID kits out on the market. And the bad customer service. I trust theretrofitsource.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my DDM kit within a week. I guess i was lucky, because few days later, they took off the hid on the website.
I deal with HIDextra before. i had a bad bulb, took them about a week to replace it.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:47 PM

That is exactly my nest question ive been doing allot of research with that company and that was why i asked about the projector from the 08. They make a kit for the 08 and thats why i asked if i should just get the mini bi-xenon kit and retro fit my 07 headlights.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rocket326
That is exactly my nest question ive been doing allot of research with that company and that was why i asked about the projector from the 08. They make a kit for the 08 and thats why i asked if i should just get the mini bi-xenon kit and retro fit my 07 headlights.
You have tc right?
the difference between those 08 and 07 kit are just the bulbs socket size. I have interchange different brand of HID before. TC's headlight are not bi xenon. I don't think any one retro fit a bi xenon into a tc before. Few people use TSX or S2000 projectors for their retro fit low beam. I don't have the skill nor the money for it.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by GammaTNT
You have tc right?
the difference between those 08 and 07 kit are just the bulbs socket size. I have interchange different brand of HID before. TC's headlight are not bi xenon. I don't think any one retro fit a bi xenon into a tc before. Few people use TSX or S2000 projectors for their retro fit low beam. I don't have the skill nor the money for it.
Yeah i Have and 07 and ive been looking at this retro fit process for a while. But when my lovely girliefriend got the mail yesterday i looked in my modified and found them doing a retro fit on a subie. I looked into the retofit source and holy crap bro. Projectors from FX down to tsx's all in a kit and a they make an adapter kit for the 08-10 version headlights. The thing is im not rich and i dont like the 08 style(just like i HATE The 2nd Gen TC) and so i figured id retro fit the 07's. i Did find a company who will get your back while during installation. I just wanted some real peoples opinion.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM
SL Member

Going to be ordering my HID kit from DDM tuning in a few minutes. What should I be looking for during the install on my 08 tC as far as not blinding people?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

color temps are helpful, could have used this years ago when I got the HIDs. Took a wild guess and went for 8k. happy

Quick Reply: Quick and Dirty H.I.D. FAQ For N00bs