Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Quick and Dirty H.I.D. FAQ For N00bs

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^of course you dont have any problems. Oncoming vehicles at night time get the short end of the stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tshock
^of course you dont have any problems. Oncoming vehicles at night time get the short end of the stick.

I haven't gotten flashed in those 2 years either. Guess I forgot to mention that. Yes, if my High beams are on then you know they're on but my Low beams don't shine that high at all. Not enough to make anyone flash me and I've put 60,000+ miles on the car since the install.

I was reporting that Kensun as an ok "Plug and Play" kit that hasn't caused me any problems with my car. (Police or otherwise)

Tshock, take your HID hateing to a different thread if that's all your going to do. I was reporting facts, not opinions.

Edit: And after looking at your profile; How can you hate on 6K HIDs when you have 10K HIDs on YOUR OWN RIDE?? Do you feel bad for everyone that drives past you at night? Think their getting the "Short end of the Stick". Hypocrite

Last edited by BLIZZWHTPRL1071; 12-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLIZZWHTPRL1071

Tshock, take your HID hateing to a different thread if that's all your going to do. I was reporting facts, not opinions.

Edit: And after looking at your profile; How can you hate on 6K HIDs when you have 10K HIDs on YOUR OWN RIDE?? Do you feel bad for everyone that drives past you at night? Think their getting the "Short end of the Stick". Hypocrite
Do you know what light diffraction differences there are between a standard halogen housing and a projector housing? Or do I need to explain it to you since you already are making bold assumptions.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you know what light diffraction differences there are between a standard halogen housing and a projector housing? Or do I need to explain it to you since you already are making bold assumptions.

Yes I understand what Light Diffraction is. Your whole argument started with bashing my HIDs when I was only saying that if someone wanted a good HID kit they could get a Kensun. That's all! I wasn't saying that mine is the best on the market or that people hate it when I drive by. There will always be people who don't like HIDs regardless of how they look or where the light is pointed. All I was saying is that I got a Kensun kit and I haven't had any CAR or POLICE related problems with them since other people on this thread have mentioned those issues. It's all just information.

Why you felt the need to criticize my HIDs is beyond me.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLIZZWHTPRL1071
Yes I understand what Light Diffraction is. Your whole argument started with bashing my HIDs when I was only saying that if someone wanted a good HID kit they could get a Kensun. That's all! I wasn't saying that mine is the best on the market or that people hate it when I drive by. There will always be people who don't like HIDs regardless of how they look or where the light is pointed. All I was saying is that I got a Kensun kit and I haven't had any CAR or POLICE related problems with them since other people on this thread have mentioned those issues. It's all just information.

Why you felt the need to criticize my HIDs is beyond me.
Your HIDs are fine. You're fine too. This is between your housings and me, stay out of it. You're housings are out there puking light in places they don't need to. It is a danger to others and inconsiderate on your part. Why don't you sell your ovaries and buy a man's set of headlamps that are properly spec'd for an hid bulb?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your HIDs are fine. You're fine too. This is between your housings and me, stay out of it. You're housings are out there puking light in places they don't need to. It is a danger to others and inconsiderate on your part. Why don't you sell your ovaries and buy a man's set of headlamps that are properly spec'd for an hid bulb?
lol if it's between you and my housing then why do you feel the need to belittle me with an ovaries insult?

IN CONCLUSION *Ehem*, Kensun makes an HID kit that hasn't burned up my wires and hasn't burnt out in the 2 years I've had them installed. So if YOU, the questionable buyer, feel inclined to buy HIDs, regardless of what housing you have, I would recommend Kensun as they haven't done me wrong yet.

That's all I'm trying to say. Take a chill pill Tshock jeeez lol
Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dangit man don't go soft on me I thought we were gonna wrestle. Where did you order your Kensuns? I had ddm slim ballasts that lasted 12 months. I like them for their price but quality is questionable.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amazon actually! Pretty cheap too for how long they've lasted. Just search Kensun HID at Amazon and all their options show up.

I don't know ALL the bulb sizes for ALL the types of vehicles but I'd have to say that Kensun probably makes an HID kit for it. They also have a digital slim ballast option for +$20 if you don't want the bigger, bulkier standard ballast.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...nsun+HID&ajr=1

Some people have reported problems but I think that all products will have some sort of issue. Plus, the people who go write a review on something usually had something go wrong. Most people that don't have any problems don't bother to write a review. Like I've said before, I haven't had any problems with my kit and for the price I paid compared to some of the other "high end" kits I can easily replace a bulb or ballast and still have spent less money.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:04 PM

This didn't really answer any questions it just made more lol so I have to ask:

I have a 2006 stock tC, so if I get HID will they cause too much glare at 5000k?

Will the lights fit if the website say they should based on the size bulb the conversion kit is for?

I have heard good things about HDD Tuning, is this a good website to buy from?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kteddy
This didn't really answer any questions it just made more lol so I have to ask:

I have a 2006 stock tC, so if I get HID will they cause too much glare at 5000k?

Yes your reflector style headlights will glare in oncoming traffic. Suggest you either upgrade to 2008 - 2010 lights, which are halogen projectors or retrofit to HID projectors.
4300K is standard factory color temp, yellowish white. 5000K is almost pure white. 6000k is bluish white.
Buy the same size as factory lights, 9006.
The Retrofit Source is my go to store.

Last edited by Xversa; 11-17-2014 at 02:48 PM.