Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

SOLVED! Rear Hatch Rattle..

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had my car in for the rattle also. They put the felt pieces in but it really didnt do anything.

Last night, I pulled the "ribs" out from their holes. Like I didnt actually take them out but popped the clips holding them in place. The rattle got better but I creased my headliner a bit.

Is there a write-up for headliner removal?
Old 08-13-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so I droped my car off at 7:30 last wednesday to get the TSB:"moonroof rattle fix" performed. I called the dealership from work at 4 to ask if my car would be ready at 5. They said sure. I get there......it was all in pieces. So I waited there till 7, at which time they gave me the keys. I get in my car......its so dirty it takes me two hours when I get home to clean it. I find tools the serviceman forgot in my car, I find bits of the velcro material that is meant to be holding my headliner up, the hook that holds the passenger side sunvisor is now loose, and there are dirty smugs all over my ceiling....and worst of all- the rattle is now worse. I really don't want to bring my car back to the dealership, but this rattle is right above my head and is like water torture.....

What the hell shoud I do....... this is so needless/ annoying. I know there are kids starving somewhere in the world and my gf tells me to ignore the rattle cause its not important......but damn it it bothers me
Old 08-13-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel you man, thats why Im trading it in. Dealer could not do anything, and from other people's experiences (including this thread) the rattle is here to stay.

My gF and mom say the same thing: ignore it, but Im the one paying for the car every month.

Hopefully by Monday,
GOODBYE tC
HELLO xB
Old 08-13-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MountScion1
so I droped my car off at 7:30 last wednesday to get the TSB:"moonroof rattle fix" performed. I called the dealership from work at 4 to ask if my car would be ready at 5. They said sure. I get there......it was all in pieces. So I waited there till 7, at which time they gave me the keys. I get in my car......its so dirty it takes me two hours when I get home to clean it. I find tools the serviceman forgot in my car, I find bits of the velcro material that is meant to be holding my headliner up, the hook that holds the passenger side sunvisor is now loose, and there are dirty smugs all over my ceiling....and worst of all- the rattle is now worse. I really don't want to bring my car back to the dealership, but this rattle is right above my head and is like water torture.....

What the hell shoud I do....... this is so needless/ annoying. I know there are kids starving somewhere in the world and my gf tells me to ignore the rattle cause its not important......but damn it it bothers me
I'd say take it to another dealership.
Those guys obviously suck a$$.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought about trading this in, but I just put in a sound system and I really do love my car....... I'd seriously throw down $1000 for a cf roof just to get rid of this rattle. I'm just waiting to see if Rick, the one guy on SL who has the cf roof noticed any difference.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What?
Who's got a carbon fiber roof?
I was considering that a while back and I posted abou it and everyone gave me crap saying "that dual moonroof is one o fthe best things abou the car"
I've come to love it, but still, a CF roof would be SWEET!
So, who's got it? Any pics?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here ya go mr. meaty
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...roof&&start=50
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MountScion1
I thought about trading this in, but I just put in a sound system and I really do love my car....... I'd seriously throw down $1000 for a cf roof just to get rid of this rattle. I'm just waiting to see if Rick, the one guy on SL who has the cf roof noticed any difference.
yeah, I feel you. I have a whole sound system in my tC. But the good thing about that is that its removable and you can put it in your new car... thats what Im doing.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah but my old stock speakers accidentally got thrown out- opps- I have the stock deck.....but yeah I don't want to give up just yet. I just fixed the glove box rattly today.

But good luck trading it in. I hope that goes well, cause you should be 100% with a new car.....right now I'm 90%
Old 10-25-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

of all the mods I've done to my car- I'd seriously pay good money just to have the two main rattles in my roof and hatch eliminated once and for all......sweet lord!!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

my rattles stopped when I put foam tape around the edges on the back of my license plate
Old 10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm, my car came with a foam strip back there- I wonder if I chould just add more......