Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Anyone who has blown a s/c...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone who has blown a s/c...

I'm not looking into making this a s/c reliability issue. I know the majority of you guys out there running the s/c haven't had a single problem. So please, lets not start any arguments about whether or not TRD makes a good product or anything along that line. I just want to know who has a problem with their s/c in one topic. I know there's a topic out there calling for every s/c owner but I see a lot of poeple haven't posted. Thanks for any replies on this topic.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man, You got me on here.

I have been through 2 different SuperChargers and will be getting my third either tomorrow or Monday. So far I have been hit with a warpped seal which I had to fork out over $3,600 to get fixed.
Then the new S/C had the mount snap and the bearings went out. This is starting to get very annoying and has made me not want to Modify my tC anymore, and I am just now waiting for the time I can get rid of the car and stay away from TRD.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You had to pay to replace you 1st S/C. So what are you going to do???
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac

I have been through 2 different SuperChargers and will be getting my third either tomorrow or Monday. So far I have been hit with a warpped seal which I had to fork out over $3,600 to get fixed.
Then the new S/C had the mount snap and the bearings went out. This is starting to get very annoying and has made me not want to Modify my tC anymore, and I am just now waiting for the time I can get rid of the car and stay away from TRD.

Do you have your original sc..?? I would be happy to pay for shipping to me to take it apart and log seal part numbers and bearing part numbers. If I can fix it, of course I will return it fixed at no charge.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Garage1217

Do you have your original sc..?? I would be happy to pay for shipping to me to take it apart and log seal part numbers and bearing part numbers. If I can fix it, of course I will return it fixed at no charge.
PLEASE DO!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man, I do not have the original S/C. It has already been sold, and I would bet they wont give me back the busted S/C when they do the warranty. Hopefully I will get the vehicle back today, so we will see.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey man, I do not have the original S/C. It has already been sold, and I would bet they wont give me back the busted S/C when they do the warranty. Hopefully I will get the vehicle back today, so we will see.
How could they give u back the broken S/C, WHEN THEY RECYLCE THEM! JAJAJA that's why their so sh&ty.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far I didn't have any problems with my S/C