Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

got it... i have searched for a diagram of the lower dash... i cant find it to save my life.... anybody?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

For what? Everything else pretty much just pops off if I remember correctly. Just take off the whole waterfall, drop the glovebox, and pop off all the stuff around/below the steering wheel.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

something is catching around the airbag..... everything else is free to move
Old 12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

The passanger side airbag is bolted down, and its a little tricky to get out because of the heater core and all that junk back there. If I remember correctly, when I took m y dash out I just unplugged the airbag and took it off with the dash.

Take some pics and PM me, I might be able to help you out.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Default Help!! How to bypass Heater Core??

Can anyone assist with pictures or any source of information about BYPASSING A HEATER CORE in a 2006 Scion tC?

I understand I have to remove the entire dash, but where is it located exactly? Took it to Pep boys and Toyota, Toyota wanted to charge close to 1200 to repair and replace my heater core, when I've never used it, I'm from SoCal. I've had this problem exist for almost a year now!
Up until a month ago I had no idea what the problem was. I've only had to add coolant once because my reservoir tank was a little low but besides that i haven't had a overheating issue, since i replaced my head gasket about 4 years ago.

If anyone out there has any insight about what to do, please reply here or PM me!

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-09-2020 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there anything at the back of the dash right next to the windshield where the 5-dotted-circles are? I can unsnap the front of the dash but I'm not clear on how to remove that end

edit: ok so those are the same clips that we have at the front. Those you get at by pulling up. How do that on the back of the dash with a windshield in the way????
Old 09-12-2014, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by isaac805
Can anyone assist with pictures or any source of information about BYPASSING A HEATER CORE in a 2006 scion tc. I understand i have to remove the entire dash, but where is it located exactly? Took it to Pep boys and Toyota, Toyota wanted to charge close to 1200 to repair and replace my heater core, when i've never used it, I'm from Socal. I've had this problem exist for almost a year now! Up until a month ago i had no idea what the problem was. I've only had to add coolant once because my reservoir tank was a little low but besides that i haven't had a overheating issue, since i replaced my head gasket about 4 years ago. If anyone out there has any incite about what to do, please reply here or PM me!
see attached
round thing on right is blower motor behind the glove box
Attached Thumbnails Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)-capture.jpg  

Last edited by rancur3p1c; 09-12-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

Default Pictures of leaking coolant near drivers side?

Thanks rancur3p1c,

I decided to take pictures hopefully it will help identify where the leak is coming from if anyone has experienced this! The first picture is from the passenger side, just signs of dried red coolant, but on the drivers side you can see the greenish coolant dripping. I also included a picture of the upper portion where the leak is coming from. I noticed that the dripping is alot faster when the Heater is on full blast rather then the AC. The other picture is something i noticed when looking under the hood, not sure if it is relevant.
Attached Thumbnails Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)-img_0519.jpg   Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)-img_0525.jpg   Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)-img_0527.jpg   Dash Removal (Diagram Inside)-img_0536.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the refrigerant for the AC is green, and that photo you have the pipe next to the red pipe is the AC low pressure side. If you let some R134a out you'll see it leaves that neon green colored oil.

The Red stuff, IDK about, seems weird. The tricky thing is coolant (in addition to refrigerant) is also lime green or so.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks again, i had a feeling it was either Pep boys or Toyota that checked my A/C and that was what was left over. I should of specified that my coolant before was a redish color and it must of dried over a long period of time, I've been using green colored coolant the last 2-3 years. I can't figure out why it is dripping coolant from the drivers side behind center console near the gas pedal? I called a few shops but they wouldn't give me an estimate because they needed to diagnosis the problem themselves.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

because the hose is loose most likely
Old 07-30-2017, 05:03 PM

Default Dash removal

Where are the pictures for this tread, also any other good information that will help me on removing the dash for Scion tC 2006
Old 02-12-2020, 03:32 AM
SL Member

Hi, On April 30, 2017, was made a video about How to Remove a Dashboard. This was for a Scion xB First Generation. The YouTube member name is knownasgeeks. This movie is in 4k high definition, with explanation, and show all the steps. The heater core looks like is hold just by the pipes with one single screw with bracket. Also have a black wire with some sensor or so. The other YouTube video made on how to remove the dash board is made as a goal to hunt for the A/C evaporator. This YouTube member was nicer because he show his phone number (Florida A/C garage). I say that because I am looking to replace my core heater as soon I will get a reliable place in 200 miles radius of New Jersey.

To fix a car today is a like needed to trust the mechanic. Like taking a medical Doctor advice. This work must be performed with TLC (tender loving care) for an old car for so many reasons.

Do you trust your car mechanic?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2020 at 04:19 AM.