Notices

Successful 2006 xB GReddy Supercharger install..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, here ya go. Looks like they switched the badging from Monster Motorworks back to Weapon-R. I might pull it off and stick a Greddy emblem on instead for conformity. Would also like a set of blue silicone hoses but feel it's criminal what they are charging for them. if you know where there's a set under $100, let me know. Anyways, there's an idea of the space dimensions, not a lot of room under there. Enjoy.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thats funny they put my badge between the 2 screw holes... I pulled it off when I got it though What gauges if any are you running?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So any Dyno sheets coming soon!?!?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dyno April 27. Please note that it will not just be with the supercharger but also with a TRD cold air intake, Perrin lightened crank pulley, Strup header and Flowmaster Hushpower cat-back custom exhaust.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the gauges, I'm running a Vac/Boost gauge taken off of the throttle vac line and a voltmeter for the stereo. With the alternator pulley swapped out I did want to monitor it. BTW, the boost on the S/C is pretty much fixed with no wastegate to adjust so the boost gauge is mainly there to tell me the belt isn't slipping.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, those are mods that most people will have done that choose to go with a SC anyways so it should be reflect what everyone else should expect to get.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What gauges are those? The look like they might be Autotechnic S7's or something like that... they look at lot like the gauge overlay I picked up from them.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by skullsandcandy
If the only thing that is stopping you is hood clearance you might want to look into what could be ground down to fit it in. If you want when I get mine on I will take measurements and post them.
Its not the hood clearances that you hafta worry about...the radiator supports on the xA sit a lot lower than the xB and will not allow the blower to fit properly in the engine bay. The blitz blower is the only other supercharger option that will work for the xA
Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Gauges are just glowshift tinted gauges. I would like to find a boost gauge that only goes to 10-15 psi, but made due with what was available. Pod was also picked up from them, the 2 gauge xB pillar one. If you get the pod, note that it is nowhere near a perfect fit, only comes halfway up the pillar, and is in black. It took a goof bit of fiberglass, bondo and paint to get it to blend in with the factory look.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What paint did you use? Did you match it to the stock color for the other pillars?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I have no clue if there is even a color matched paint for the interior since the pillars are color molded and not painted. I did the best I could from Lowe's and the local craft store. I used a standard primer and then Krylon Textured Elegance in Cream Cafe to get as close as I could to the texture finish of the other pillar (the pod and pillar were completely sanded with 120 grit before adding primer, so they would stand out too much). The top coat was Krylon Fusion for plastics in River Rock. It's not a perfect match but you would have to hold both sides up together to really tell. The trigger and handle attachments they make for spray cans are a big help in keeping things even and your hands clean.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hrmm maybe I should just pick a new color and paint them all
Old 04-22-2007, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've got one SC kit in stock, SUPER CHEAP. PM me for price.

Glad to see it works on the 06's!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am looking at the harness and your information and I am still a bit confused. It might just be the huge amount of wires on the harness but I am not really sure at what end you are defining the letters to the plugs. When you say Greddy connector A and B are you talking about the plugs that connect directly to the e-manage?

I think as I go through this I will make a visual diagram to help me decipher this. Hopefully that will help anyone else who needs to adjust the harness for an 06 but maybe by that time they will have a harness avialable
Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, Greddy harness A and B are the ones that plug into the emanage blue. It helps to go by wire color too.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I should probably wait until I am not on bed rest to figure it out but I think I understand your instructions now. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, started having some reliability issues . After two months of driving, I have the engine stall out on me while cruising. Sequence of events was: complete loss of throttle (pushed the gas but no RPM increase), engine cuts off, then won't restart without pulling and re-inserting the AM2 fuse (fuse isn't blown). When I say it won't restart, the starter won't even turn over. No codes thrown on the eManage, engine puts out low oil pressure after cutting off, nothing before.(if the entire ECU and starter circuit is dead before reset, fuel pump is probably also not getting power, ECU may have a master killswitch). Spark plugs are clean as well, MAF sensor dirty maybe? using TRD CAI.

I did notice a few things that were changed, and I haven't had a problem in three weeks with driving it 120 miles each way at least once a week now.

1) I noticed on my wiring that the Greddy rep told me the wrong injector pattern, had to swap #2, 3 and 4. I will be updating the previous post to reflect this. Finally got the right answers on what wire is what on the eManage from the tC turbo.

2) Box was mounted upside down. Shouldn't matter but when I dropped the box for testing it wouldn't fail, only when it was mounted upside down.

3) Had the engine re-tuned on a dyno. it was running rich in the lower RPM bands. Also found out injectors are at 100% duty-cycle at 5k, dammit! now I need larger injectors to max the upper end potential.

4) Used a bottle of STP injector and fuel system cleaner. Could it have been "bad" fuel?

Will keep updates.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Damn -- keep me updated I was just starting to rewire the harness. I was hoping to make a visual diagram of the pin outs if you want to work on that with me toss me a pm.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I made this tonight mostly for personal use to help visualize the wiring. I am still confused about the last 2 notes you have in the original post though. What do you mean by pigtail ends etc

NOTE: The following wires will need to be cut instead of spliced into. Route the pigtail ends to wires with a white stripe or the green wire as described above. Route the other ends to wires with a black stripe or the white wire as described above.

28(D), 14(C), 15(C), 16(C), 17(C)

NOTE: The following pins will need to be repaired after the harness is rewired (i.e. connect a new piece of wire to go between the pigtail and other connector end)

24(D) to pigtail 24(D)
8(C) to pigtail 8(C)
9(C) to pigtail 9(C)
10(C) to pigtail 10(C)
11(C) to pigtail 11(C)

Final NOTE: Disconnect the wire that ground is wired to via the bullet connector. If this is not unhooked, you will get an error code.
Here is the diagram I have drawn up so far (I gave you credit of course)

Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Bump for answers
Old 05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Skullsandcandy, here's some answers. Your diagrams show the white and black striped wires going to the same pins, this is not directly correct. Most of the wiring is spliced into, i.e. the signal from the sensor goes to BOTH the stock ECU and the eManage. For the white and black striped wires, the wire is actually cut, not spliced, and goes directly through the eManage before going to the stock ECU.

SPLICED:
....................................------------------ eManage
.................................../
sensor -------------O------------------ stock ECU

CUT:
....................................------------eManage------
.................................../............................................\
sensor-------------O.............................................O----------stock ECU

The pigtail end is the one that goes to the stock ECU, the other end is the one that goes to the engine sensor. On the Greddy harness that is supplied for the 05, the pigtail end is made up of four individual loose connectors, and the other end is four sockets molded together into one giant plug.

Other end...................................Pigtail end
(to engine wires)........................(to stock ECU)
_..................................................._
| |---------O------------------| |
| |---------O------------------|_|
| |................|..............................._
|_|--------O------------------|_|
....................|
....................|
....................|
....................| Greddy eManage connectors
....................|..............__
....................|--------|_|
....................|--------|_|

Hope that makes some sense. I'll still need update my documentation for the correct injector wiring, please stand by.

Quick Reply: Successful 2006 xB GReddy Supercharger install..