Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

JVC DD in-dash DVD PICS & REVIEW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

saw this post a week ago, looked up the specs on this head unit...

2.5 volt pre-out? no thanks...ill stick with my 6.5 volt pioneer unit.

if anyone is planning on using any type of after-unit amplification, its going to sound like doo-doo.

i was actually pretty disappointed. this unit looked fairly promising feature wise, and looks like a decent alternative to the more expensive players on the market currently.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

geez whatever...my sound very very good it will vibrate your hair folicles...don't discourage people based on one item
Old 01-12-2007, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
geez whatever...my sound very very good it will vibrate your hair folicles...don't discourage people based on one item
judging by this quote, i can clearly see youre not the type of audio enthusast i was aiming at.

any jackass can build an spl system. bass doesnt impress me.

and this is what forums are for, sharing ones opinions.

and discouraging?

im merely informing people on this thread on some cons, since all i see is the pro aspect.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

being nasty doesn't make you right .......FYI i have been involved in Pro audio for more years than you probably have lived but whatever.....I am sure your rocking some TAD drivers in your car ....do us all a favor stop and try to help folks.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

being nasty doesn't make you right .......FYI i have been involved in Pro audio for more years than you probably have lived but whatever.....I am sure your rocking some TAD drivers in your car ....do us all a favor stop and try to help folks.
nasty? maybe youre just too sensative. ever consider that?

and i seriously doubt youre even remotely accurate with your age quote.

and, by some chance that you have been building car audio longer than ive been alive (doubtful) id then question why youre driving a scion.

for me, its a second car.

what purpose does it serve for you?

and please, for future refrence...if someone offers an opinion that differs from your own, dont act like such a _____ and argue with me over preamp voltage.

take it as a difference of opinion, and go about your day.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by picklewagon

and, by some chance that you have been building car audio longer than ive been alive (doubtful) id then question why youre driving a scion.

and please, for future refrence...if someone offers an opinion that differs from your own, dont act like such a kitty and argue with me over preamp voltage.

dang bro, u post w/ authority. I think we all know u there r better units than this out there......wow.........opinions r awesome but no need to hate
Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

and please, for future refrence...if someone offers an opinion that differs from your own, dont act like such a kitty and argue with me over preamp voltage.

why I drive a Scion?... I like it I can buy most anything I want.. SO I guess now you downing Scions also...well that also a smart move here congratualations... think you could isolate anybody else? To rehash I am not sensitive(correct spelling)I just don't judge a product until only based on one spec only...lol in my profile there is a pic of a sound system that is worth more than your car.......
Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't care if you hate it or love it by the specs. I just put mine in and I love it...it sounds good looks good and i am happy with what i got for the price i paid. Thanks for the help on the wiring about the parking brake dmpsk8
Old 01-13-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man i am getting this exact headunit but im buting my sub first and alarm...but i wanted to know does the ipod compatibility only work for ipods or can u use any mp3 player and it just plugs into the headphone jack.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrMcNuggett
I don't care if you hate it or love it by the specs. I just put mine in and I love it...it sounds good looks good and i am happy with what i got for the price i paid. Thanks for the help on the wiring about the parking brake dmpsk8
no prob bro
Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

why I drive a Scion?... I like it I can buy most anything I want.. SO I guess now you downing Scions also...well that also a smart move here congratualations... think you could isolate anybody else? To rehash I am not sensitive(correct spelling)I just don't judge a product until only based on one spec only...lol in my profile there is a pic of a sound system that is worth more than your car.......
that alone shows two incredibly smart investments. apparently by an even smarter individual. how proud of yourself you must be...

"i can have a mercedes if i wish, but i chose to drive a lowered scion with a mortgage-priced audio system. all hail mr. common sense!"

not only do you drive the car of a teenager, you surely act like one...and obviously spend your money foolishly like one as well.

seriously, i dont even know you...i dont have any gripe with you. but if you want to keep going i can do this all day. your narrow thought process keeps getting your mouth in trouble...i suggest you re-think your angle before you reply.

im allowed to post my opnion of something based on any specifics i get from any information i find. if i think a 2 volt preout is inferior to a 6.5, so be it. you wont find anyone to disagree. i find it in poor taste that you continually battle me, when you spend as much cash on audio as you do.

theres a way to acknowledge someones intelligence, and then theres the way you go about doing things. two entirely different ways. what you do seems to create tension. as in your original post, instead of simply disagreeing, and then countering with your opinion...you had to challenge my intelligence in a pretty rude fashion then attempt to insult me. (do us a favor and dont post anymore)

i am simply the result of your rude, and uncalled for comments. maybe youll learn to communicate better in the future to avoid insulting the wrong people.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

again, to clarify...

i DONT think this unit is a bad choice for someone looking for budget-based in car entertainment.

for the price considered, its a great deal.

i was ONLY suggesting the low preamp voltage might be an issue to be considered if potentially upgrading amps in the future.

apparently, we have some users currently with this setup, and they claim it runs fine for their needs.

hopefully it works well for everyone that owns it, please share your thoughts if you have purchased one.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

if you buy your car for investment...
second this will be my last post on this thread on this topic....but I will explain this so people understand
so if you have a 6 volt preamp radio...remember this is dealing with gain
if you turn your volume all the way up how mmany volts do you think it puts out?
probably 6
so if you turn the volume dowm 66% how many volts do you think it puts?
and do you think it sounds bad then?
design your system correctly and don't worry about it and don't discount a product based on one facet of what it will do..and I assure my system sounds better than a large majority of them out there.....even with the radio you stated will provide poor sound quality...
peace out.....