Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

v-led switchback turning signals

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question v-led switchback turning signals

considering getting these for my car and wondering if any of you guys have these or your guys opinion on them. worth getting? http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/T...51397-1-2.html lemme know what you think
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by SuZuX808
considering getting these for my car and wondering if any of you guys have these or your guys opinion on them. worth getting? http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/T...51397-1-2.html lemme know what you think
Found those the other day (actually a couple weeks). I'm getting new headlights (anzo) and not sure if they use the stock size, so I was holding off on picking up a set. As soon as the lights arrive I'm all over these...

PS> remember you have to get the new resistor, else you get the hyper blinking problem.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hypa flash no mo
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179649
Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
Nice, thanks for the thread link, That will help when I pick up mine. I like this method not really for the money savings, but for the fact they will still blink with the security..
Old 03-01-2010, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok cool thanks but in your is it worth getting? have you done any other research on it? i am the first person amongst my friends to even hear about them and my friends are totaly amazed but too lazy to do anything till i get a pair so lemme know if you get them
Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a whole thread about them:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162980

I have them, and really like them.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

They look really good with the eBay lights. I'd like to see them paired with the Anzos!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had it, and switched back to OEM, one thing I didn't like was it killed the flash signals when lock/unlock your car but that's ok for me, the other thing which bump me the most was it killed the emergency flash light totally, you won't be able to use that function at all unless your car is on. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flawlessly
I had it, and switched back to OEM, one thing I didn't like was it killed the flash signals when lock/unlock your car but that's ok for me, the other thing which bump me the most was it killed the emergency flash light totally, you won't be able to use that function at all unless your car is on. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.
Not at all.

Personally, I like the fact that the lights don't flash anymore when I use the remote to lock/unlock the doors.

I do hear what you're saying about the emergency flashers. Since it literally takes about 2 minutes to swap out the bulbs & the flasher blinker module, I just keep the OEM ones in back with the spare tire in case I ever need them in an emergency situation.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flawlessly
do i still need to do this if i just do the resistor?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i actually dont mind the hyper flash imma just do the bulb swap but i have been doing some readin does any one else make the same thing but cheaper?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 AM

The bulbs are pretty cool but has downside, when you hit the brakes or push down on your window switch/wiper it will turn off for a second. Switching from R to D or vice versa also has this problem.

I also bought the flasher unit to kill the hyperblink but it makes it blink white, orange, white, orange. Without the flasher unit it will just be orange, off, orange, off.

If you can stand those problems, i think its a nice cool bulb to get. The white makes your car stand out from all the other xB(s) out there.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YellowLemon
The bulbs are pretty cool but has downside, when you hit the brakes or push down on your window switch/wiper it will turn off for a second. Switching from R to D or vice versa also has this problem.
what causes this?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 AM

I think it deals with the electrical system power draw. LEDs require less power than normal bulbs so it causes the problem. Someone with more knowledge can chime in, I cant help you much more than this.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it deals with the electrical system power draw. LEDs require less power than normal bulbs so it causes the problem. Someone with more knowledge can chime in, I cant help you much more than this.
ok well thanks you have been helpful! and ya im fine with the problems dont miind it at all
Old 03-02-2010, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also bought the flasher unit to kill the hyperblink but it makes it blink white, orange, white, orange. Without the flasher unit it will just be orange, off, orange, off.

If you can stand those problems, i think its a nice cool bulb to get. The white makes your car stand out from all the other xB(s) out there.
#1. When you hit the brakes, the front LED bulbs do flash off for a split second, like 1/8th second, but I've never seen it any other time. It happens because of the change in power drain as compared to the normal bulbs. I couldn't replicate it with the windows/'wipers, or auto transmission gear shifts, so I'm even happier.

#2. I know what you're talking about with the replacement flasher/blinker; you bought the wrong bulbs. V-LEDs makes two different bulbs. One is white during driving, and alternately blinks white & yellow when the turn signal is turned on; the other is white when driving, but only blinks yellow when the turn signal is turned on. Sorry, you bought the wrong bulbs.

#3. Yes, they're nice bulbs that make your xB stand out!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
#1. When you hit the brakes, the front LED bulbs do flash off for a split second, like 1/8th second, but I've never seen it any other time. It happens because of the change in power drain as compared to the normal bulbs. I couldn't replicate it with the windows/'wipers, or auto transmission gear shifts, so I'm even happier.

#2. I know what you're talking about with the replacement flasher/blinker; you bought the wrong bulbs. V-LEDs makes two different bulbs. One is white during driving, and alternately blinks white & yellow when the turn signal is turned on; the other is white when driving, but only blinks yellow when the turn signal is turned on. Sorry, you bought the wrong bulbs.

#3. Yes, they're nice bulbs that make your xB stand out!
k thanks guys been so helpful