Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Vortech Supercharger Seal Repair FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well glad someone showed up from Vortech, although many years late. Maybe some that are angry with you guys will chime in on how they were treated when the sc was out of warranty or when TRD would do nothing for them & you guys turned a cold shoulder to them meaning NO one would help them, "warranty or not" Then maybe those people can get some resolution.

IMO after owning & working on a vortech unit compared to other brands I have used like eaton or ogura, I will never own one again personally. Sorry to sound so disgruntled, but this whole TRD / Vortech / Blame each other run around that we all received for so long left a nasty taste in all our mouths. That and all the failed bearings, failed crappy CR shaft seals & general BS we had to put up with was just unreasonable.

I doubt you will get much love here coming on and saying "hey send it to us now and pay us to fix it if it is out of warranty" when all we got before were rude responses & pretty much just a "sorry we cannot help. have a nice day CLICK" attitudes when we were TELLING YOU that TRD was not helping us and you still would not even speak with us knowing we did not have a warranty. Those were bad times when we called with cars that we could not drive & were begging for help. Yeah we mainly blame TRD for the mess, but you guys could have stepped up in some way shape or form, but you did not.

Personally I hope that some non DIY people can get some sort of help from you guys now. So in a way I am glad you guys showed up for those people. And I am glad to finally get this all off my chest, anger with your company has been in my blood for many years now
Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 PM

I agree.. and I am sorry that it has gotten to this point with any one of you. I also agree with the not getting much love from people and i can understand that. But like i said we were told not to do anything except direct people to TRD. I personally see no reason why we shouldn't have offered the repairs to begin with, but then again we didn't design the kit and the warranty was to go through TRD.. But like i said before, if someone wants to have it done, we will.. who knows the issue someone might have maybe caused by something we did wrong when it was being built. doesn't mean we wouldn't take care of it still.. considering I am the service manager here I don't think my guys would be rude to anyone that was calling and asking what they could do to get it done. I sit and listen to my guys take crap all day long from people then those same people go on to forums and give there onesided version of what they think happend. I've run this service dept for 6 years now and i know my for myself i have told a few people that they have to contact TRD and that i could not repair the unit. But never have i been rude to someone and hung up on them unless that person was being verbally abusive to me, and that goes for my guys that work for me. They know that customers get frustrated and that sometimes they need a helping hand and we have no problem doing that. but remember WE WERE TOLD TO DIRECT ANY TRD CALLS TO TRD. we were not allowed to get involved in anything scion owners had going on..so that's what we did, direct you to TRD and some of you called back saying that they told you to call us back. which confused us. but all water under the bridge now. It doesn't fix the fact that a lot of you are upset and have no where to turn too because your stuck with a unit you cant do anything with.

Yes sending it in for repair might cost you some money to repair. are we going to be hard asses about the dollar amount?? probably not I'm sure there is always some wiggle room when it comes to that. I asked someone in our sales dept to come in here and let you guys know that we would do repairs many months ago.. mainly because he was a scion owner as well.. apparently that didn't happen and i only noticed because someone who owns a scion blower sent their unit to us recently so i decided to come in here and see what was being said about Vortech.. and well here i am..
Old 03-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Look guys I'm not here for a typing match with anyone.. i know that there has been some bad stuff that has happened in the past and I'm trying to explain the who, what and where's. I'm simply here to try and offer some help if you want it.. if not its all good go on doing what you do.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

In regards to stronger internals remember to pm me!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jamie805
but remember WE WERE TOLD TO DIRECT ANY TRD CALLS TO TRD. we were not allowed to get involved in anything scion owners had going on..so that's what we did, direct you to TRD and some of you called back saying that they told you to call us back. which confused us. but all water under the bridge now. It doesn't fix the fact that a lot of you are upset and have no where to turn too because your stuck with a unit you cant do anything with.
Yes, but Vortech is STILL being directed to send calls about the TRD SC back to TRD. Who is then again telling them to call Vortech... hence an infinte loop with no escape and no relief. FUN!

Are your people being told NOW to help people who call about the TRD S/C? Or are they still under orders to refer everyone back to TRD?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if i remember correctly it wasn't vortech that decided that end of things.... ?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit
Old 12-25-2009, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good info! i need new internals but i cant get some one to contact me back
Old 12-25-2009, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CLT-tc
good info! i need new internals but i cant get some one to contact me back
When you call ask for Jaime, he helped answer some questions that I had, as for a rebuild by them, they will only rebuild it for you using their own parts, not outsource parts FYI, I think they charge like $350, but that's if you drop it off.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
When you call ask for Jaime, he helped answer some questions that I had, as for a rebuild by them, they will only rebuild it for you using their own parts, not outsource parts FYI, I think they charge like $350, but that's if you drop it off.
THANKS!! its my DD so i need to get ut up and running asap... with the holidays its just bad timing
Old 12-26-2009, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit *stupid question

Last edited by CLT-tc; 12-29-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default impreller blade

im currently in the process of building my blower, i have it is three seperate pieces now and i was looking at the impeller blade and there seems to be three small notches drilled out of the blade with two half moon shaped spots were it looks like the blade was machined cut, i dont think its broken because ive seen multiple impreller blades have the same thing ill post pics of what i mean.

does anyone know why this is, AZ guy does not seem to have these machined cut spots or the notches need the center of the impreller blade
Old 12-31-2011, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pic number 15, see the notches near the center of the blade and the spots where the blade was cut on the upper left corner of the blade....its weird
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are spots they removed material to balance the impeller so every impeller is a little different.