Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Ordering a 2006 tC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I have to say that now that I have seen the Nautical Blue on the web site. I do not like it. I like light colored cars, especially white. For some reason I expected the new blue to be a light blue, but I guess they have that already with the Pearl Blue. If all they are pumping out for 06's is the 2 new colors I am not going to wait.

Shadowhawk do you remember the name of the guy you talked to at Hayward? I talked to a guy named Jeff is memory serves. He was OK, but I guess the thing that annoyed me the most is that he does not listen very well. He seems to love the sounds of his own voice. On the other hand he seems very knowledgable and willing to work with me. That is more important to me as long as he at least hears what options I want.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sciondragon, you probably do know this, but the colors aren't all that they're offering new with the 06's. There's new standard steering wheel audio controls, a new standard head unit (now with a much-asked-for volume **** vs. volume buttons), a new 6-disc changer (which inherits the new volume **** and gets a center console line-in connector...which I'm not sure, but might also be standard--just can't remember off-hand), and the further upgrade option to add an iPod connector in the center console on top of the 6-disc changer (via which your iPod can be charged and controlled with your steering wheel controls).

Whether any of that is worth waithing for is your call, of course, but for me, the new colors are the least of the benefits of waiting for the 06's. I was actually plenty happy with the Indigo Ink Pearl, so the new blue is actually a tiny bit of a worry. I do like that it's dark, but I'm worried that it won't be shiny and that I just might not like it as much as I like the other one.

Oh, and I sent you contact info for that salesperson at Hayward Toyota via PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shadowhawk
Sciondragon, you probably do know this, but the colors aren't all that they're offering new with the 06's. There's new standard steering wheel audio controls, a new standard head unit (now with a much-asked-for volume **** vs. volume buttons), a new 6-disc changer (which inherits the new volume **** and gets a center console line-in connector...which I'm not sure, but might also be standard--just can't remember off-hand), and the further upgrade option to add an iPod connector in the center console on top of the 6-disc changer (via which your iPod can be charged and controlled with your steering wheel controls).

Whether any of that is worth waithing for is your call, of course, but for me, the new colors are the least of the benefits of waiting for the 06's. I was actually plenty happy with the Indigo Ink Pearl, so the new blue is actually a tiny bit of a worry. I do like that it's dark, but I'm worried that it won't be shiny and that I just might not like it as much as I like the other one.

Oh, and I sent you contact info for that salesperson at Hayward Toyota via PM.
so you are saying that the new radio in the 06 tc will be a 6 in dash cd changer that is standard, as opposed to a single cd as is the standard in the 05?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

from the looks of the website w/ the 06 data, there is no 6-cd option... the standard cd player is just a 1 cd and like the IPOD option i pasted it doesnt say anything about 6-cds
Old 06-01-2005, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by finger11
from the looks of the website w/ the 06 data, there is no 6-cd option... the standard cd player is just a 1 cd and like the IPOD option i pasted it doesnt say anything about 6-cds
That's true, but since the website is buggy, maybe that's why the 6-cd is not listed? Well, anyways, the reason I suspected this is because the display is blue on the 06 radio, and I believe it was amber on the 05. the 6-cd radio on the 05 had a 10 color choice display.

I guess you are right though, because, why would anyone need a 6 cd player when you can have an ipod full of songs?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yaron_usa
Originally Posted by finger11
That's true, but since the website is buggy, maybe that's why the 6-cd is not listed? Well, anyways, the reason I suspected this is because the display is blue on the 06 radio, and I believe it was amber on the 05. the 6-cd radio on the 05 had a 10 color choice display.

I guess you are right though, because, why would anyone need a 6 cd player when you can have an ipod full of songs?
Me because I don't have an iPod. Kidding, I could use my iPaq as a digital music player and it obviously would work as well. I'll still probably just keep burning mp3 discs though. And the accessory tabs aren't working for me either.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the scion website (build your own scion) has the 06, but the colors are not working currently plus it is a bit buggy, hopefully they'll finish the site ^__^
Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard they're doing away with the 6-disc upgrade and offering the iPod docking station instead.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm... yeah, I guess I just assumed that the 6-cd option would still be there. Proof of that one doesn't come to mind.

It seems kind of silly to get rid of it, though. 'cause not everyone has a separate mp3 player, iPod or otherwise...

hm.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll post with solid information as soon as i have some. but, it should be really soon....
Old 06-02-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did they nix the foglights for '06 models, or is it just not listed since the website is being updated?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The "build your own" application on Scion.com seems to be working for the 2006 tCs now (at least it did last night). The new colors painted, and options showed up and were clickable and everything in all the tabs.

As noted above (page 2 of this thread), the 6 disc changer seems no longer to be an option.

So I was playing with it, and, am I misinterpreting the picture, or does the iPod actually sit outside in plain view forward of the cupholders as opposed to actually in the center console/armrest thingy where it'd be hidden from view?!

If so....Dammit!! so close to perfect execution (for placement), yet so far!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay so I put my order in for a tC in April and last week decided since I've been waiting this long I'll just opt for the 06 model instead. I was going to go to another dealer but the 2 other dealers in my area had no clue about the new model. One even kinda laughed and said "well lets see its May, I say they wont be in for another 6 or 7 months" I mentioned that scion already has the new price and features on their site and they quickly put me on hold and then asked for a call back number cuz they had to check with the Managers. Thought it was so weired that I know more about the new model than they do. So I'm gonna stick with my current dealer, since he knows what I'm talking about.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so you know I just recieved my allocation of tCs. EVERY one of them are 2006s. interested parties in the nor-cal area are welcome to pm me.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by moriarty
Just so you know I just recieved my allocation of tCs. EVERY one of them are 2006s. interested parties in the nor-cal area are welcome to pm me.
pics!! where are the pics?!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey I know you!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you recieve the actual cars or just the list of cars you will be recieving? What dealership are you even from?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Default I am not sure about all of this...

I know that in my region (Southeast: Alabama, Georgia , Florida, North and South Carolina) we are having allocation tonight and that both '05 and '06 are on the allocation and possible that some '06s are coming in sooner than the '05s. As far as salesmen saying that cars aren't coming until August, they are probably relying on what they know from the Toyota side. Make sure you are dealing with someone Scion certified.

Also, as far as the 5 sp. auto, I haven't seen anything in Scion press releases but when I search for an '06 tC on dealer websites, I can search for a 5 sp. auto or manual. Who knows, the Solara uses a 5 sp. with the same engine so could be.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait a second. What exactly do you mean by allocation? Does that mean that the cars are physically arriving or that they are just receiving the lists of what cars are arriving at each dealership? Will someone who is an ACTUAL DEALER answer this please?

(FYI there is no 5 speed automatic arriving, word is on the forums that the original release from toyota saying there is a 5sp was a typo)
Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude they are getting them. I just called them talked to Damon! What a great guy! Damon said they are getting a abunch of different 06 colors. He has my name on the 2006 SW Manual Tranny. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! Oh they are up in Sacramento. Give him a call the number for the dealership is in their web site. http://www.maitascion.com They are gonna go FAST.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2006 tC?