Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Anyone find any Hidden Features?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Bright Light - thanks

When I removed my center console that bulb fell behind it... then i brought it back. It takes u maybe 4 minutes to take the console apart, push the bulb back, and put the console back together. There is a thread on how to take it apart.
Wow, 4 minutes! I hope everyone opts for the alarm. Thanks for the tips and I will hunt for the posting on removing the dash. I will use some of that gel to color the bugger.

-per the forum, there is a cool storage space on the right of the spare. It holds my wash supplies just fine. I am sure you all found it.
Also, I tested the car choice settings on the stereo and found that the xA setting helped keep my speakers from being droned out by my sub. [/quote]
Old 08-03-2004, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nairod
Along with all those cool things you guys and gals have found on your tC's dont forget to check the cargo compartment. Back there you will find that you have an extra cargo compartment light on the side. Also check in your back seat on the side walls down by the knees and you will see that the tC has some conveniently placed hooks for your milk containers and grocery bags. And last but not least aside from the fact that you can customize your welcome screen on your radios(my favorite) you also have that cool little button in your glove box that monitors your tire pressure. That way you will never have to guess when to re-inflate your tires. It will come on your dash when it is time to air up your tires and after you just hold down the set button and you'll be good to go. This tC business is totally Cool!!!
how do you customize the welcome screen
Old 08-03-2004, 09:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by otacon88
lol, the mode button is the one where you choose what you want your Bass, Treble, FAD, and Balance to be. it's a circular button, towards the left hand side right above the mute button on the radio.
Thanks man I was confused when I saw the first post, I was like MOde?? Its the black 'A' button. hehe
Old 08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion jC
Originally Posted by nairod
Along with all those cool things you guys and gals have found on your tC's dont forget to check the cargo compartment. Back there you will find that you have an extra cargo compartment light on the side. Also check in your back seat on the side walls down by the knees and you will see that the tC has some conveniently placed hooks for your milk containers and grocery bags. And last but not least aside from the fact that you can customize your welcome screen on your radios(my favorite) you also have that cool little button in your glove box that monitors your tire pressure. That way you will never have to guess when to re-inflate your tires. It will come on your dash when it is time to air up your tires and after you just hold down the set button and you'll be good to go. This tC business is totally Cool!!!
It is in the audio manual which came separately with the car. Should have been in your glove box. The manual is paper white and about 10 pages.

Kevin
Old 08-03-2004, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those of you too lazy to read the little audio manual:

1: Turn the key to the "ACC" position.
2: Press and hold down the 'A' button (button between the volume + and silver selector button cluster)
3: While pressing the 'A', turn the key to "OFF" position.
4: Turn the key to "ACC" position still holding the 'A' button.
5: Release the 'A' button and press the "Mute" button (right below the 'A' button) - The "SCION" message should now be flashing with an underline below the message.
6: Press and hold the "Mute" button and turn the key to the "OFF" position (Not sure if you can just press and hold the mute button once, or press and hold after you have already pressed it once, but this was what I did and it worked) - This takes you into the mode to customize the message.

The + and - volume buttons move the characters forward or back, from uppercase to lowercase, and space to symbols. The 'A' button moves the cursor right, while "Mute" moves the cursor left. There is a time limit on how long you have to edit your message. The thing just shuts off. Just repeat steps 1-6 and it will bring back to where you last left off.

Hopefully this is clear, if not, read the damn audio manual.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah.. the a/c **** is not made of aluminum...
Old 08-04-2004, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't get a manual for my radio?! Wassup with that .. my dealer ___. I asked for wheel locks and it's not even installed? Never shop at Toyota Hudson in Jersey City for all of you in NJ

Some cool features I thought was the auto down and UP for BOTH windows and when the lights are on, when you change from hot to cold, the light turns colors from orange to blue.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-13-2018 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr. Badge
Old 08-04-2004, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I repeat...never shop at Toyota Hudson in Jersey City, NJ...cuz they ____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-13-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr. Badge
Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default compass

want a hidden feature? the compass on the auto-dimming mirror.

let me know if you ever find it, because it's really hidden.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:22 AM

Default Hidden Feature

I have a 2013 tC. I found out if you forget to leave the top window open and open your door.
The car will beep and the door open light will turn on on the dash.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-04-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:52 PM
SL Member

In my Premium Scion system, when radio is on, press and hold mode switch on steering wheel turns radio off...when radio is off, press mode switch on steering wheel turns radio on.
Cool if ya want to leave the waterfall cover closed and already have it set to the station you listen to...no fumbling around with the radio controls...my 2

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-04-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:19 AM
SL Member

here is another one i just found by accident:

with factory fogs, when you turn on hi beams, they go out automatically...cept, if you only pull the lever a bit, the fogs AND hi beams are on...i hear the hi beam on relay, then if you pull back all the way to turn hi beam on permanent, you hear the factory fog light cutout relay engage...

guess only important if you need ALL the illumination you can get for whatever you need it for...
Old 01-17-2019, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dogg
here is another one i just found by accident:

with factory fogs, when you turn on hi beams, they go out automatically...cept, if you only pull the lever a bit, the fogs AND hi beams are on...i hear the hi beam on relay, then if you pull back all the way to turn hi beam on permanent, you hear the factory fog light cutout relay engage...

guess only important if you need ALL the illumination you can get for whatever you need it for...
I dont think that's an actual feature. More like a door that's either all the way open, half open or fully closed. That would be a safety hazard to mess around the lighting like that while driving.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:17 AM
SL Member

@ xdejablu3x
I like the " a door that's either all the way open, half open or fully closed " analogy, perfect...cause it is...[could also use the analogy for many other issues, but I digress...]

you are correct... this would not be something I encourage, by no means...just something I found poking around...I'd rather just pull back on the switch and flick away, or just hold it...but that is me...depends on the sitchiation...

Thanks for the insightful, and obviously educated, reply...
D O G G